Colorado Daily-Driven Trail Warrior V2 - 2006 LJ

I'm not a teraflex fan, so I would still just buy the tw shaft and the JB SYE.

I don't know of anything wrong with the teraflex SYE specifically, but I consider them in the same tier as Rough Country and metalcloak. Which might be one level higher than Steinjager, but still not great.

I run the Teraflex SSYE and my understanding is it’s pretty close to identical to the JB one except I believe it’s easier to buy the replacement sensor when needed.

I'm not a teraflex fan, so I would still just buy the tw shaft and the JB SYE.

I don't know of anything wrong with the teraflex SYE specifically, but I consider them in the same tier as Rough Country and metalcloak. Which might be one level higher than Steinjager, but still not great.

I'm not the largest fan of Teraflex either.
Seems to me as they are 'premium price' for higher than average quality..

BUT for certain parts/components, I won't rule them out completely.

A 241 or Atlas comes with the SYE already installed…….

Just saying

I've been looking.
I have "241" "NP241" and "Rubicon transfer case" notifications turned on for facebook marketplace. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Wildman
I run the Teraflex SSYE and my understanding is it’s pretty close to identical to the JB one except I believe it’s easier to buy the replacement sensor when needed.

I'd heard this as well.
another bonus is I hear that Tom Woods is pretty straightforward/reasonable with the parts they sell, as well as customer service.
So it does hold a bit of weight that they utilize the usage of Teraflex SYE in their kit.

Although i'm not entirely sure whether THEY honor replacement/issue inquiries, or whether that's something they refer you directly back to Teraflex for.

I'd heard this as well.
another bonus is I hear that Tom Woods is pretty straightforward/reasonable with the parts they sell, as well as customer service.
So it does hold a bit of weight that they utilize the usage of Teraflex SYE in their kit.

Although i'm not entirely sure whether THEY honor replacement/issue inquiries, or whether that's something they refer you directly back to Teraflex for.

Mine came from Tom Wood, I failed to mention that.

"Technology and Electronics are F*ckin Stupid. Just buy a JK" UPDATE

Unlike a lot of TJ owners, I am NOT one of those 'anti-technology' types.
Our primary vehicle is a 2023 Tiguan Type R, with ALL the bells & whistles, and I absolutely love it.

I grew a 'fondness' for the TJ's because of how rugged & simple they are.
BUT, I enjoy my tech, enjoy my fancy 'electrical bullshit', and enjoy things that make drives/trails a bit more enjoyable.

So I just ordered a few things from Amazon for the LJ that I always wanted in my previous TJ.

Jensen Double Din w/ Wireless Carplay + Install kit.

1708236888768.png

In my dealings with car audio, I've never been the biggest fan of Jensen.
So i'm quite hesitant on whether or not this head unit is worth the $220 pricetag.
However, In my vehicle previous to my TJ I had a $500+ Alpine Carplay unit, and that thing SUCKED.
So as long as the Jensen can prove equal or better performance, I'll be a happy camper.

I've already got my Kicker dash speakers installed, and will be grabbing a pair of 5 1/4" Kicker speakers for the soundbar as well.
Then I need to wire my amplifier, and install my two 10" Kicker Subwoofers.

Also decided to order this dash tray thing.
I've seen that it's a pretty common interior mod, but my reason for buying it is I simply don't have anywhere to just casually set my phone. :ROFLMAO:
The factory dash 'tray' is JUST small enough that my phone sits at a funky angle, and falls out eventually.
So hopefully this $20 tray gives a little bit more space to actually hold things.

1708237145868.png

Delivery scheduled for Monday, and I'll take lots of pics. 🤘

-
-

Side note, I'm also considering ordering this overhead storage system.
From what I can tell in the photos/description it seems to be a metal plate, covered in some type of MOLLE fabric, with individual storage bags.
It's mounted in a very desirable location, and can be used with top ON or OFF.

My thoughts are for little knick-knacks that otherwise don't have a spot inside the Jeep such as Flashlights, Air gauges, etc.

1708237766600.png

In my vehicle previous to my TJ I had a $500+ Alpine Carplay unit, and that thing SUCKED.
So as long as the Jensen can prove equal or better performance, I'll be a happy camper.

So…you’re saying you like SUCK? 🤔🤣

• Haha
Reactions: zachpeakee
Only the expensive kind of suck.
If this $220 sucks, it's going back. :ROFLMAO:

Was the $500+ unit the ILX-650? I have one of those and I am not impressed with the interface. Especially the CarPlay. Every time I use CP it completely flattens the EQs and crossovers and sounds awful.

Was the $500+ unit the ILX-650? I have one of those and I am not impressed with the interface. Especially the CarPlay. Every time I use CP it completely flattens the EQs and crossovers and sounds awful.

It WAS that model.
That thing SUCKED big time.

Was perfect for the first few months, then just turned into a laggy/choppy mess with Carplay.
Wouldn't stay connected half the time, and then there was the issue of me and my wife both getting in the car, and it would confuse itself and couldn't figure out how to connect to one or the other.

I also had a reverse camera and would often have to put the car in park, and back into drive for the unit to 'unfreeze' itself from a black screen after backing out of the driveway.

It was a wreck. :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Question, how do I upload videos to this thread?

I took a few minutes awhile ago to check my Ball-Joints on my front axle, just to eliminate them as culprit for any issues with vibrations/driving habits I might be having.

Put the front axle on stands, and put a pry bar underneath the tire pulling directly upwards.
I also recorded both sides.

Each side has a VERY slim amount of vertical movement at the upper ball-joints.
I say very slim, in the sense of MAYBE 0.5mm of movement. Just enough movement to slide a business card into.
Barely noticeable on camera and to the eye.

I've always understood that absolutely ANY movement of the joints = replacement.
Is that statement to be taken as literal as it sounds?

If so, I plan to utilize some of the threads/part #'s recommended in the forum to swap those out, as well as the lower joints.

Question, how do I upload videos to this thread?

I took a few minutes awhile ago to check my Ball-Joints on my front axle, just to eliminate them as culprit for any issues with vibrations/driving habits I might be having.

Put the front axle on stands, and put a pry bar underneath the tire pulling directly upwards.
I also recorded both sides.

Each side has a VERY slim amount of vertical movement at the upper ball-joints.
I say very slim, in the sense of MAYBE 0.5mm of movement. Just enough movement to slide a business card into.
Barely noticeable on camera and to the eye.

I've always understood that absolutely ANY movement of the joints = replacement.
Is that statement to be taken as literal as it sounds?

If so, I plan to utilize some of the threads/part #'s recommended in the forum to swap those out, as well as the lower joints.

Upload to YouTube and link the video

Hopefully this link works.

Youll have to change the quality to 1080p, as it's very tough to see/notice on video.
But there IS play in the joint. As I said, about half a millimeter.

The amount of play is equal across both sides (front driver, front passenger).

I'm just unsure as to whether or not this minimal amount of play follows the rules of "Ball Joint should have ZERO play"

Hopefully this link works.

Youll have to change the quality to 1080p, as it's very tough to see/notice on video.
But there IS play in the joint. As I said, about half a millimeter.

The amount of play is equal across both sides (front driver, front passenger).

I'm just unsure as to whether or not this minimal amount of play follows the rules of "Ball Joint should have ZERO play"

Junk. Replace

Reactions: tworley
That almost looked like unit bearing play. Grab your tire at the 12 and 6 and see if you can move it...

I have this video cued up so you can see what I'm talking about. Watch my driver's side...

Reactions: wkelley70