Colorado Colorado meet up & wheel invite

jboswell11

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Wife and I are headed to Colorado (Buena Vista area) for our annual summer pilgrimage to this area of the state, however, this year my normal wheeling partner can not bring his jeep due to work complications.

So, we are trailering our rig out this year solo. We will be camping in the cascade campground just west of Nathrop Sunday the 1st of August through Saturday the 7th of August.

Typical trails we run over the course of the week are, Grizzly Lake, Iron Chest, Chinaman Gulch, Holy Cross, Tincup Pass (I really enjoy the old Tincup portion)... with being solo this year I will likely run easier trails only unless anyone on the forum is in the area and would like to meet up so we have a buddy in case of issues.

If anyone is interested we have no schedule so we can for sure accommodate... please just send me a PM and we can swap info.

Thanks guys, hopeful I can meet some of you!

Im sure some of the regulars will be around but unfortunately I will be in SW CO for work that entire week (including sat-sun)

My wife and I are going to be there at the end of August, 27th to the 30th. We will be trailering the Jeep out with us. If anyone wants to join us for a day or two of wheeling let me know. Looking forward to checking out that area of Colorado.

My wife and I are going to be there at the end of August, 27th to the 30th. We will be trailering the Jeep out with us. If anyone wants to join us for a day or two of wheeling let me know. Looking forward to checking out that area of Colorado.
In BC (before children) that was my favorite time to be out there (last of aug - first part of sept). Aspens turning and reduced crowds because the kids are back in school, however, now due to baseball season, football practice and school schedules we are relegated to sneaking a trip in at the first week in August... have fun!

Just a bump for anyone that will be in the area next week. Shoot me an IM and ill send ya my phone number so we can hookup and wheel!

Reactions: Bob in Texas
I wish I could join, but my wife has a crazy august running weddings that were mostly postponed from last year :(.

Maybe I could sneak out Friday the 6th.

Wife and I are headed to Colorado (Buena Vista area) for our annual summer pilgrimage to this area of the state, however, this year my normal wheeling partner can not bring his jeep due to work complications.

So, we are trailering our rig out this year solo. We will be camping in the cascade campground just west of Nathrop Sunday the 1st of August through Saturday the 7th of August.

Typical trails we run over the course of the week are, Grizzly Lake, Iron Chest, Chinaman Gulch, Holy Cross, Tincup Pass (I really enjoy the old Tincup portion)... with being solo this year I will likely run easier trails only unless anyone on the forum is in the area and would like to meet up so we have a buddy in case of issues.

If anyone is interested we have no schedule so we can for sure accommodate... please just send me a PM and we can swap info.

Thanks guys, hopeful I can meet some of you!
We did Grizzly Lake and Iron Chest last weekend, super rainy and slick rocks. Wife and I are taking the kids up to the Salida area on the 6th for a camping trip, I might be able to convince her to let me and my son slip away for the day

In BC (before children) that was my favorite time to be out there (last of aug - first part of sept). Aspens turning and reduced crowds because the kids are back in school, however, now due to baseball season, football practice and school schedules we are relegated to sneaking a trip in at the first week in August... have fun!

Just a bump for anyone that will be in the area next week. Shoot me an IM and ill send ya my phone number so we can hookup and wheel!
Here’s another bump for y’all. You are spot on with our reason about the timing of our trip. Plus we hopefully gonna get out of the heat here, August can be purty tough! Y’all have a safe trip and have a great time! Please keep us posted on how your trip goes and post up some pictures.🤠