Colorado Wheeling - July 2019

Climbing up Enginerr Pass from the Lake city side. This road is part of Colorado's Alpine Loop. Near the end of the movie we enter the Alpine Tundra. Terrain like the Tundra is found only in far north, at high elevations, and in Green Bay, Wisconsin. :)

DSC_1592.JPG

Reactions: TJ Starting
I literally have hours of video from Imogene Pass. I boiled it down into 20 minutes. I called it "Excerpts From Imogene Pass". I'm trying to show the incredible variety of terrain long the way as well as some of the "thrills". The video starts on Tomboy Rd, just outside of Telluride. Set you computer for high def if you can.

Very good videos and really great scenery. Thanks for sharing.

How fast can you typically go on these roads?

Very good videos and really great scenery. Thanks for sharing.

How fast can you typically go on these roads?

That's a hard question to answer. The variety of terrian is seemingly endless, and the weather and road conditions change constantly. Throw in different vehicles, skill levels, and traffic too. My wife and I started Imogene Pass at 1000A. We got to Ouray around 300P. We ate and shopped, then rode Ophir Pass back across the mountain. We were off of Ophir around 600P.

Reactions: psrivats
Took me a sec to realize I was watching you, and listening to "Kelly's Heroes"!!!

We were a group of 4 coming down from Corkscrew Pass. We caught a group of 6 Jeeps getting around a group of 20+ Landcruisers, and we all ended up in a line going out to 550. It felt like an army. 😁

Reactions: Squatch