Colorado Wheeling

JFjeld

TJ Enthusiast
I was fortunate enough to move my family out to CO about 3 years ago and am completely enamored with the beauty of this state and the awesome opportunities to wheel. I've included some pics below, which are a tiny fraction of what I have available. Feel free to add your own to this thread, and send me a PM if you're ever out this way and looking for places to wheel.

You're a lucky man... Colorado is one place I've always wanted to live.

Where about in CO do you live?

Where about in CO do you live?
I'm just north of Denver. I can be in Denver, Boulder, or Fort Collins within about 30 minutes from my house. I can be skiing within 2 hours. We completely love it out here.

Reactions: Chris
I had an opportunity to move to Westminster last year and didn't :( But I am considering doing another job search in the area there are several water treatment jobs in the Denver area. Can you wheel in the winter time? I don't ski:D

I had an opportunity to move to Westminster last year and didn't :( But I am considering doing another job search in the area there are several water treatment jobs in the Denver area. Can you wheel in the winter time? I don't ski:D
I live down near aspen, I don't know about the front range but a majority of our trails are closed when the snow hits.
Although moab isn't very far from here.

Reactions: JFjeld
d26197e1b884d16954ebac825effbba3.jpg
0bd5c275c4720335ae95ce43c2f4f55c.jpg
e2efcfa2edd0ace14da9b4117011b64e.jpg

Can you wheel in the winter time? I don't ski:D
Depends where you go. Around Boulder and Estes Park-areas, most of the trails get gated. But some of the trails near Ft. Collins, Idaho Springs/Central City, and Buena Vista areas remain open. You may or may not get far, depending on the snowfall, but at least you can try.

I snow-wheeled the first winter I was here, but started getting annoyed. 35" mud tires just don't do well in the deep stuff, even with lockers. Some people carry chains, but if I have to carry chains to snow wheel; I won't snow wheel. Thus, the reason I ski during the winter time.

Let me know if you get out this way; good luck with your job search.

Looks like that particular obstacle would have been a breeze with lockers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya, I tried the high side just cut everyone else on our group didn't even bother with it. I loved being unlocked and having to winch guys that were locked on holy cross/french creek trail.