Colorado ZR2

Starrs

TJ Guru
Anybody driven one or know anybody that has one? Just curious what the consensus is. Looks too tall for 31s, but found an image with 33s on it, and it looked pretty good. The diesel option seems like a pretty stout truck. Not getting one lol just wondering about them is all. Thanks!

Reactions: Chris
Anybody driven one or know anybody that has one? Just curious what the consensus is. Looks too tall for 31s, but found an image with 33s on it, and it looked pretty good. The diesel option seems like a pretty stout truck. Not getting one lol just wondering about them is all. Thanks!

My brother has a 16’ Canyon with the 2.8 L diesel. It pulls pretty well and gets really good mileage for a truck. On longer trips he gets around 29 mpg and around town it’s sliggtly under 23. Loading it up doesn’t seem to really impact mileage all that much. It’s easy to drive and very refined (smooth ride) for a truck. He has the 4x4 version. Not quite a zr2 but they share a lot of the same parts and engines.

I’ve been looking at diesel canyons from Laura GMC near St. Louis. They are the largest gmc dealer in the US. They are selling most of their 17’ diesels at 5-6k under MSRP. I’m not buying one either, I just like to window shop.

Reactions: Starrs
My brother has a 16’ Canyon with the 2.8 L diesel. It pulls pretty well and gets really good mileage for a truck. On longer trips he gets around 29 mpg and around town it’s sliggtly under 23. Loading it up doesn’t seem to really impact mileage all that much. It’s easy to drive and very refined (smooth ride) for a truck. He has the 4x4 version. Not quite a zr2 but they share a lot of the same parts and engines.

I’ve been looking at diesel canyons from Laura GMC near St. Louis. They are the largest gmc dealer in the US. They are selling most of their 17’ diesels at 5-6k under MSRP. I’m not buying one either, I just like to window shop.
I wish they made an extended cab short bed model. The bed is super long on the extended cab compared to the 4 door model.

Reactions: UpperMI
I have a 2003 ZR-2 Chevy Tracker I tow behind our motorhome to explore with on trips. Here we were exploring Lone Pine California last year. Great little rig...V-6, Automatic, hubs, 2" lift. Of course I had to have Red.
DSCN1548.JPG

Reactions: Chris
I wish they made an extended cab short bed model. The bed is super long on the extended cab compared to the 4 door model.

You can buy the 4 door with a 5’ or 6’ bed. Most of them come with a 5’ bed from the factory (it just looks better in my opinion). My brother special ordered his with the longer 6’ bed.

You can buy the 4 door with a 5’ or 6’ bed. Most of them come with a 5’ bed from the factory (it just looks better in my opinion). My brother special ordered his with the longer 6’ bed.
Extended cab is only available in a 6' bed I believe. Short bed would look awesome. A baby raptor lol

I test drove a diesel z-71. Nice ride, but at the end, I couldn't justify the cost for a smaller truck at the same price as a full size.
It's crazy honestly. Watched a review of one and the guy kept referring to it as the "Baby Raptor" lol. Not quite buddy. Price is close with all the options tho haha

I just received my 2018 Colorado ZR2 in dark green. I ordered it and to my knowledge, a ZR2 crew cab is only available with a short bed, about 5'. So far I am very impressed, smooth ride, great suspension, the tires are about 31" tall (Goodyear Duratrac) and look great. The interior is very nice. I think Chevy really put a lot of thought into this truck. Both differentials lock by the way.
Very cool truck

I just received my 2018 Colorado ZR2 in dark green. I ordered it and to my knowledge, a ZR2 crew cab is only available with a short bed, about 5'. So far I am very impressed, smooth ride, great suspension, the tires are about 31" tall (Goodyear Duratrac) and look great. The interior is very nice. I think Chevy really put a lot of thought into this truck. Both differentials lock by the way.
Very cool truck
Congrats. Did you get it with the duramax or v6? Those are some awesome looking trucks.

Very Nice. Its crazy how expensive trucks are now. I just bought a ram ecodiesel because a dealer in Sacramento was selling them for 20k off sticker. My wife is jealous that my full size truck gets better mileage then her CRV lol.

Reactions: Starrs
I got the V6, budget said to stop there. Very powerful and smooth. Have not tested the 4wd yet, just got it.
The ZR2 is still my favorite midsize by far. They got it right. I love that green color. I wish the extended cab had a 5’ bed also tho. Looks goofy with that long bed and short cab IMO. Crew cab looks mean