Coming to America Sequel

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
I just saw this today and laughed out loud!

Anyone remember the original? I absolutely loved that moving growing up. My best friend and I watched it so many times in high school that I think we honestly had the entire dialogue memorized. What a hilarious, classic movie!

Sequels are rarely ever as good as the original, but I'll still be interested to see where they go with it, as I'm a big fan of the original.

And with that, I leave you with one of the funny scenes from the original:

Reactions: UpperMI

UpperMI

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Jun 9, 2016
San Carlos, CA
I loved the original and the cameo appearance of Mortimer and Randolph from Trading Places (another great Eddie murphy movie).

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
They usually butcher sequels. Its been years since I saw the original. May need to rewatch it!

Equilibrium31

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2018
Burnsville, MN, USA
Nope. Been tooooo long, original is too funny.
My thoughts exactly.

I loved the original, but I just don't see any sort of remake ever working. As it is, I'm a bit tired of the remake trend that Hollywood has been riding for so long.

Then again, this came from yesterday's trailer, so I am particular bitter to remakes at the moment.

Reactions: Igoo65

jimsmith29841

amitabha
Supporting Member
I just saw this today and laughed out loud!

Anyone remember the original? I absolutely loved that moving growing up. My best friend and I watched it so many times in high school that I think we honestly had the entire dialogue memorized. What a hilarious, classic movie!

Sequels are rarely ever as good as the original, but I'll still be interested to see where they go with it, as I'm a big fan of the original.

And with that, I leave you with one of the funny scenes from the original:

Yea,,,I remember the original,,,saw it in the theater. Loved it.

Reactions: Chris