Components behind passenger side under glove box behind plastic cover

Jen

Supporting Member
I have a black plastic cover under the glove box in the footwell that has cracked and fallen off.

I can't find any reference to these components in my 1997 user manual, maybe there's pages missing.

I can't definitively figure out what components are now exposed. It looks like the previous owner was futzing with things as I see a zip tie. I know that the air conditioning doesn't work. Are these components related to heating/cooling? My google search is coming up empty as well as I don't think I am using the correct search terms.

Can anyone help me identify these parts? Thanks!

underGloveBox.jpg

passengerSideNoCover.jpg

The thing with the green hose going to it is the actuator for your recirculation door. The thing that broke off is a black plastic cover that protects all that stuff from getting kicked.

Reactions: Chris
The thing with the green hose going to it is the actuator for your recirculation door. The thing that broke off is a black plastic cover that protects all that stuff from getting kicked.
Thanks! I just figured out that the black plastic cover is called "Jeep Wrangler TJ Heater Box Heat Resistor Harness GUARD Cover Kick Panel". I found a used one on ebay.

Reactions: qslim
Thanks! I just figured out that the black plastic cover is called "Jeep Wrangler TJ Heater Box Heat Resistor Harness GUARD Cover Kick Panel". I found a used one on ebay.

I had to google that and the only places I found any was ebay related. The main reason I googled it is because that "name" seemed waaayyy toooo long to be an actual Mopar name.

As for the black plastic "What is this?" at the top of the first picture, it's a socket for the under dash interior light. I'm not sure what bulb. It looks like a reverse light bulb base would fit but the bulb itself is probably too big.

Reactions: Jen
I had to google that and the only places I found any was ebay related. The main reason I googled it is because that "name" seemed waaayyy toooo long to be an actual Mopar name.

As for the black plastic "What is this?" at the top of the first picture, it's a socket for the under dash interior light. I'm not sure what bulb. It looks like a reverse light bulb base would fit but the bulb itself is probably too big.
Yeah, previously, my search terms were a mix of "black plastic cover, underneath passenger footwell 1997 Jeep Wrangler", of course that didn't yield any results. But once I knew what the components behind it were related to, I found it.

Thanks for the help with the socket! I'll keep searching!

Reactions: qslim
Yeah, previously, my search terms were a mix of "black plastic cover, underneath passenger footwell 1997 Jeep Wrangler", of course that didn't yield any results. But once I knew what the components behind it were related to, I found it.

Thanks for the help with the socket! I'll keep searching!
Try going to the parts store & getting an 1156 bulb. Looks like it'll twist right in there. There should also be a clear plastic cover that goes over the bulb I think, maybe you can find that on ebay too. "Footwell courtesy lamp" or something like that.

Reactions: Jen and JEEPCJTJ
The courtesy light is Mopar 68305400A.

Ignore the year and Dodge Ram call out. It matched my 2002 Jeep light perfectly.

I bought mine on eBay for $19, but you can get them elsewhere too.

Or cruise to the junkyard and look in 99-19 Dodge Ram pickups and get one cheaper.

Good luck!

Reactions: Jen and JEEPCJTJ
Try going to the parts store & getting an 1156 bulb. Looks like it'll twist right in there. There should also be a clear plastic cover that goes over the bulb I think, maybe you can find that on ebay too. "Footwell courtesy lamp" or something like that.
Thank you. That bulb looks like it will fit for sure.

The courtesy light is Mopar 68305400A.

Ignore the year and Dodge Ram call out. It matched my 2002 Jeep light perfectly.

I bought mine on eBay for $19, but you can get them elsewhere too.

Or cruise to the junkyard and look in 99-19 Dodge Ram pickups and get one cheaper.

Good luck!
I saw that Dodge Ram part - I was wondering if it would fit since it looked so similar. Thanks!