Concealed Carry

KhakiKraken

One of the greatest rights we have is the ability to own and SAFELY enjoy firearms. I post this topic to see what all mods people have made to their Jeeps in order to safely store their firearm(s) while driving.

We can open carry here too but some stores and restaurants post no guns. So I figure what they don't know wont hurt them and could possibly save them one day.
Yep - here in Texas too. If they post they don't allow concealed carry either I turn around and keep going to support other businesses that do.

I thought about using the best top under seat drawer for storage while driving but I dont know anybody else with the fold and tumble seats that could let me know how well a Ruger SR9 would fit.

I prefere to frequent establishments that do not care if I carry, out side of govt. buildings...they can be a lil bitchy if you ask them to check your weapon while in there.

Reactions: StG58
Yep - here in Texas too. If they post they don't allow concealed carry either I turn around and keep going to support other businesses that do.
Had to spend the night in the hospital other day with my wife. Had to park in a parking deck in Atlanta. Wasn't about to leave gun in vehicle much less walk around a parking deck in ATL without my CC.

Amen to not leaving it in a parking garage. I was going to the Great American Outdoor show but had to go renew my carry permit first, wasn't gonna leave mine in the console or glove box. So I had to leave it home.

Admittedly I just keep mine in their hard carrying cases behind the back seat.

Tuffy under seat lock box. Registration and other papers go in it. It will fit two 1911's and spare mags, but not a 1911 and a Redhawk. I don't concealed carry, I open carry. Cross draw in a nice leather holster. 99% of the time its a total non-issue, and the other 1% is entertaining. Yes, I can be an asshole at times.

Reactions: Frank
Where do you normally park? Just in case I get up your way sometime.

I park in the garage at all times when I'm not out driving it.

But if we go somewhere and I have guns in the back, I am only carrying them with the intent of using them (i.e. going to a firing range our out in the woods). That being said, I'd never just park it outside with guns in the back, not a chance.

I do need one of those Tuffy boxes or something though, just for the handgun.

The rifle is of course another story.

Reactions: StG58
I do need one of those Tuffy boxes or something though, just for the handgun.

The rifle is of course another story.
I'm with you. I did install an Bestop under the seat lock box on the chance that I may have to leave it in the Jeep. Haven't had to use it yet but no way I would leave my CC just locked in glove box or console.

Reactions: Chris and StG58
Once upon a time I had to use mine. If it would of been anywhere that I would had to reach behind or open something to get it I wouldn't be here or maybe I would be but would of eaten lead.
That's unfortunate, @Ted, sorry to hear that. And I agree with you 100%. An inconveniently located firearm is just ballast.

Unfortunately, the part of California that I'm in is really bad about conceal/carry - but when I go up into the mountains - especially my Colorado trips, I open carry *all the time* - usually just a hip holster when I'm out of the Jeep, and when I'm in the Jeep, I keep the passenger seatbelt buckled up with the holster attached to it.
You never know when you might accidentally come across someone's meth lab etc. when you're in the hills - and they tend not to be too happy about being found!