Congratulations to EJD, the June 2019 Ride of the Month

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So far @EJD is the only member to win a ROTM contest twice! I think we all want to know what you were doing out in this cold weather without at top ;)

Either way, congratulations! Send me a PM so I can get your mailing address for the $100 Visa card and the TRE goodie bag / gift card from @Garza!

DSCN1400.jpg

What a wonderful thing to come home from work and see! This is amazing. I would like to thank @Chris and @Garza for hosting this contest and supplying me with more Jeep goodies! Thanks guys! :p

I think we all want to know what you were doing out in this cold weather without at top ;)
It's kind of a long story but it started off with a cool overlanding camping trip with my pops (it's kind of an annual thing we do) but he came out here to visit and I took him up to Glacier National Park this past fall, that weekend we went up was the same day the park actually closed Going-to-the-Sun road for the season so we drove around to the east side of the park the long way. Well it was fall time (no snow and dry where we came from), however once we crossed the Continental Divide at Marias Pass it was like we drove into winter. It was freezing but awesome at the same time. I have a broken heater core too, so we had to stop and put on more clothing layers, gloves and brew up some coffee to hold onto while driving like it was a hand warmer. We had to keep going, as the scenery was getting more epic and this was almost a once in a lifetime thing to be doing. You should have seen the looks on other peoples faces as they saw us topless and doorless in a Jeep in the snow at Glacier. Priceless.

I could keep going on as it was quite a time and one I will never forget.

They obviously breed them tough in big sky country @Chris 🥶

Great pic @EJD winning it twice is a bit greedy though don't you think ?
Haha, the cool part is that i've won June 2018 & 2019. Watch out for me in June 2020!

That story just make the pic more epic......congrats again buddy

Reactions: EJD
What a wonderful thing to come home from work and see! This is amazing. I would like to thank @Chris and @Garza for hosting this contest and supplying me with more Jeep goodies! Thanks guys! :p

It's kind of a long story but it started off with a cool overlanding camping trip with my pops (it's kind of an annual thing we do) but he came out here to visit and I took him up to Glacier National Park this past fall, that weekend we went up was the same day the park actually closed Going-to-the-Sun road for the season so we drove around to the east side of the park the long way. Well it was fall time (no snow and dry where we came from), however once we crossed the Continental Divide at Marias Pass it was like we drove into winter. It was freezing but awesome at the same time. I have a broken heater core too, so we had to stop and put on more clothing layers, gloves and brew up some coffee to hold onto while driving like it was a hand warmer. We had to keep going, as the scenery was getting more epic and this was almost a once in a lifetime thing to be doing. You should have seen the looks on other peoples faces as they saw us topless and doorless in a Jeep in the snow at Glacier. Priceless.

I could keep going on as it was quite a time and one I will never forget.

Haha, the cool part is that i've won June 2018 & 2019. Watch out for me in June 2020!
So doesn’t that make you the first repeat winner? ROTM 2.0

Reactions: EJD and Kiwi TJ
Here's a few more pics from that trip for anyone interested. This epic mountain in my background is "Mad Wolf Mountain" in the Two Medicine area of Glacier National Park. Looking forward to exploring more here with my Jeep this summer. Stay tuned for that, i'm heading out there this weekend.

Here's a few more pics from that trip for anyone interested. This epic mountain in my background is "Mad Wolf Mountain" in the Two Medicine area of Glacier National Park. Looking forward to exploring more here with my Jeep this summer. Stay tuned for that, i'm heading out there this weekend.

View attachment 102379View attachment 102380View attachment 102381View attachment 102383View attachment 102385View attachment 102388View attachment 102389View attachment 102390
Very nice I love places without people. I’m guessing you have a RTT, what model is it and can you use it on your hardtop?

Very nice I love places without people. I’m guessing you have a RTT, what model is it and can you use it on your hardtop?
Same here, love me some backcountry.

I do have a RTT, its a Yakima Skyrise HD. I have the small version, which is a 2-person size and the lighter of the 2 HD versions. I actually haven't mounted it up there yet but I think I may test it out tomorrow now that I have the next week off from work. It weighs 95lbs, so I know my hardtop can support that, but can it support that with me inside too? (The ladder does support half of the overall weight when deployed so it is possible I would assume). Or I could be pushing it and crack my hardtop...we'll see what happens. I'll report back.

Same here, love me some backcountry.

I do have a RTT, its a Yakima Skyrise HD. I have the small version, which is a 2-person size and the lighter of the 2 HD versions. I actually haven't mounted it up there yet but I think I may test it out tomorrow now that I have the next week off from work. It weighs 95lbs, so I know my hardtop can support that, but can it support that with me inside too? (The ladder does support half of the overall weight when deployed so it is possible I would assume). Or I could be pushing it and crack my hardtop...we'll see what happens. I'll report back.
I’ve thought about sandwiching the top between roll bar attachments and tent base supports to avoid installing an exo-cage type support that adds weight, but it would require putting holes in the top.

Wait, how does a guy with a light bar on this forum win twice?😜
Congrats buddy! You deserve it braving weather like that! Montana is beautiful but unforgiving.
Stay safe!

I didn't yet. Do you get tracking when you send them out?

No, I just put it in a regular envelope and sent it out. Should have been there by now I would think.

No, I just put it in a regular envelope and sent it out. Should have been there by now I would think.
Ahh snail mail, i'll keep an eye out and will let you know if/when it arrives. Hopefully it does not get lost somewhere, Oregon is not that far from Montana but yeah most regular mail only takes a few days typically.