Congratulations to g.hayduke, the 2022 Ride of the Year (ROTY)!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Big congratulations are due for @g.hayduke on winning the first ever 2022 ROTY contest! Not only was that a great photo but you get to start off the new year with a free big brake kit from @mrblaine. I'd say that's a pretty great start to a new year.

20221024_125212_2.jpg

Big congratulations are due for @g.hayduke on winning the first ever 2022 ROTY contest! Not only was that a great photo but you get to start off the new year with a free big brake kit from @mrblaine. I'd say that's a pretty great start to a new year.

View attachment 388489

Congratulations Pat! And just so everyone knows, he'll be getting the $500 gift card instead since we have already helped him with a brake kit.

g.hayduke for the win! Tough picture to beat for sure.
Congratulations!

Congratulations on the win, great photo!

Thanks for all the kudos and the votes! I really didn't expect to win after the flying TJ won in October.

That picture is sorta special to me for multiple reasons. Mainly, that trip to Moab was with my 29 year old son who I rarely get to spend time with and never one-on-one. He still lives on the east coast so I only see him maybe once a year making the trip a rare treat to start with.

The picture is from Top of the World trail near Moab and was the first trail we did. I thought the snow storm we drove through while driving to Moab the day before was somewhat unusual and the snow would be gone before it had a chance to impact our wheeling adventure. Wrong! Down low, there was no snow. As we climbed, we gradually got into it and the upper third or so was pretty heavily snow covered. And since we were initially the first vehicle on the trail, it was hard to tell where the various lines even were much less how to attack them.

When I got to the first significant obstacle, I was unsure of the line and we waited for a group behind us to catch up. That was a blessing and a curse. That first significant obstacle was actually pretty easy but now we were stuck behind the group which included some stock JKs without lockers which were struggling and it looked doubtful they could make it. Fortunately, I was able to maneuver past them and was able to make it to the top without further impediment. It's pretty unusual to have the place to yourself up there but we did. And the snow really made it special.

And all of that was after debating whether to wheel at all that day since that was the day my PCM started showing failure symptoms on the way to the trailhead. Fortunately, after several stalls, 1 or 2 no-starts, and the speedo dropping to zero intermittently, it ran perfect for the rest of the trip. I had a new PCM overnighted from @Wranglerfix and picked it up the next day so I would be prepared to replace it if it died or continued acting up.

So I had a great wheeling trip with my son and won a monthly and the annual photo contest with a picture from our trip. Awesome!!!!

Thanks for all the kudos and the votes! I really didn't expect to win after the flying TJ won in October.

That picture is sorta special to me for multiple reasons. Mainly, that trip to Moab was with my 29 year old son who I rarely get to spend time with and never one-on-one. He still lives on the east coast so I only see him maybe once a year making the trip a rare treat to start with.

The picture is from Top of the World trail near Moab and was the first trail we did. I thought the snow storm we drove through while driving to Moab the day before was somewhat unusual and the snow would be gone before it had a chance to impact our wheeling adventure. Wrong! Down low, there was no snow. As we climbed, we gradually got into it and the upper third or so was pretty heavily snow covered. And since we were initially the first vehicle on the trail, it was hard to tell where the various lines even were much less how to attack them.

When I got to the first significant obstacle, I was unsure of the line and we waited for a group behind us to catch up. That was a blessing and a curse. That first significant obstacle was actually pretty easy but now we were stuck behind the group which included some stock JKs without lockers which were struggling and it looked doubtful they could make it. Fortunately, I was able to maneuver past them and was able to make it to the top without further impediment. It's pretty unusual to have the place to yourself up there but we did. And the snow really made it special.

And all of that was after debating whether to wheel at all that day since that was the day my PCM started showing failure symptoms on the way to the trailhead. Fortunately, after several stalls, 1 or 2 no-starts, and the speedo dropping to zero intermittently, it ran perfect for the rest of the trip. I had a new PCM overnighted from @Wranglerfix and picked it up the next day so I would be prepared to replace it if it died or continued acting up.

So I had a great wheeling trip with my son and won a monthly and the annual photo contest with a picture from our trip. Awesome!!!!

Great story an Congrats on the win!!
200.gif