Congratulations to pc1p, the February 2022 Ride of the Month (ROTM)

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Congratulations @pc1p on the February 2022 ROTM win! You managed to beat @jjvws barn find.

2006LJSubmission.jpg

Well its 'SNOW' wonder you won with that....lol Congrats

It's much better than the other ICE PIC I saw ...lol

1646123454615.png

• Haha
Reactions: pc1p
I gotta say I didn't think I'd win. @jjvw had a great entry as did @Bmxbry9 (the one that got my vote!).

There's something to be said about a simple photo (no mountains even!) with decent lighting and proportions. However, after seeing the success of the barn, I have a guaranteed format that will win the next time I'm eligible... 😂 😂

Untitled-1.jpg

But seriously though, I know there were a few discussions about editing, "what wins", how you need a fancy camera, etc. on the previous ROTM. I wanted to point out that this was taken after an ice storm with my son's dinky Nikon D3300 (that I bought for him at a pawn shop like 5 years ago for $150!) and probably Nikon's cheapest "kit lens" (an 18-55mm VR which has a plastic mount, plastic barrel and even plastic lenses inside - and sells used for $30-40!).

I went for a drive exploring and to take photos of ice on other items. I just happened to turn around and walk back to my Jeep and saw what looked like an interesting composition. Take away here is to have a camera with you, even if it's just a modern smartphone camera. Here's another photo taken from the same day, about 45 minutes later, about 1/2 mile down the road. Same cheapo camera and lens. No Photoshop work here, other than a minor tweak to the exposure b/c it was too f*%$#!@ cold to check the histogram outside (and a crop).

DSC_2707 Edit.jpg

Congrats! Nice to see an East of the Mississippi ROTM.
All that ice and snow makes me feels guilty for hanging out here in AZ for the winter.......almost!

• Haha
Reactions: pc1p
Congrats! Nice to see an East of the Mississippi ROTM.
All that ice and snow makes me feels guilty for hanging out here in AZ for the winter.......almost!
All the ice and snow makes me glad I left Arizona before summer hit last year :)

Reactions: Farmergreg