Connections for hard top wiring don't match

Whiterocket

Hello,

I just bought my daughter a used Jeep when she turned 16. The hardtop is aftermarket and the connection on the hardtop and the wiring harness do not match.

I have posted a picture of what both ends look like. The wiring harness on the Jeep is a 7 - pin rectangle.

What do I need to do to make this work???

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

Also note that the 97-02 hard tops have vents in the C pillars whereas the 03-06 ones do not - those years have the vent in the tailgate. A top with no vents on a Jeep with no vents will lead to whistling noise and the rear glass pushing out when the HVAC fan is running.

Reactions: jkosten and SSTJ
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
You can buy this connector body and de-pin your jeep side connector and insert those pins into this new connector body following the above diagram and be good to go!

All you need is some small needle nose pliers to remove the wedge lock and then a small pick of pocket screwdriver to release the terminals.

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/38902/Aptiv-54201009-Apex-2-8-10-Way/

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
The first one you linked is correct. This second one is wrong.

I was just going off what KennethS said about year of Jeep and Hardtop. Thanks for clarifying. Hope the OP picks the right one. This really is the easiest solution for not a lot of $$.