Constant Torque Hose Clamps

LarryTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm looking at using these constant torque hose clamps on my rad hoses since the prior owner had those worm gear type. Should I have any concerns with these? Any lessons learned worth sharing? Thanks in advance

Constant Torque Hose Clamp.jpg

Reactions: oldjeepman
I had worm gear clamps on mine for a while. when the temps would fluctuate between warm/cool in the fall and spring, I’d get small leaks. I replaced them with the kind you posted. No change, still had small leaks in those situations.

1year ago I rebuilt my entire cooling system and went back to the constant tension clamps that came on it. No leaks this past spring or this fall.

X100 for the OEM style constant tension clamps. Only thing you should use on the cooling system hoses (well, that I know of at least).

I'm looking at using these constant torque hose clamps on my rad hoses since the prior owner had those worm gear type. Should I have any concerns with these? Any lessons learned worth sharing? Thanks in advance

View attachment 203213
You can use it but nowhere near necessary.

Simple spring steel tension oem style is suffice.

Reactions: LarryTJ
There is a guy on one of the other jeep forums selling a set of these that he pieced together. Search for “ Fs: packs of TJ tension clamps”. Apparently he had to buy in packs of 10 so is looking to sell the leftovers.

Where do you find OEM clamps? I am assembling all new cooling system parts and the clamps are one of the last pieces. The ones I have not will work but are pretty rusty and would like to replace when I replace everything else.

There is a guy on one of the other jeep forums selling a set of these that he pieced together. Search for “ Fs: packs of TJ tension clamps”. Apparently he had to buy in packs of 10 so is looking to sell the leftovers.
He is out of them unfortunately. If anyone is interested in going in on buying the ten packs of everything and splitting the costs on them I’m game.

I'm looking at using these constant torque hose clamps on my rad hoses since the prior owner had those worm gear type. Should I have any concerns with these?

I'm using them for going on five years now because the spring steel style clamps weren't readily available at the time.

You should be looking at constant tension clamps.

those are constant tension clamps