Consuming to much fuel?

How is s running? Any codes? When was it tuned up last? The 2.4 gets ok mileage but it isn't like a commuter car. I get around 19 on hwy and 16 around town which is about the factory standard. I run 31's with 4.88's.
no codes unfortunately

no boundaries no borders - wrangler

I am not familiar with Greece, but last December I put a lift on my Jeep, and it was down for a couple of weeks on some other unrelated reasons. After I started driving it again I noticed quite a few(lot more miles on a tank of gas and I thought surely a lift kit didn't net me better mileage. After taking a minute to think about it I remember the weather got better and I wasn't running my air conditioning.

I am not sure what it is like where you are, but are you doing anything differently, like running A/C or driving like a race car driver? Any change in habits?
no the same way of driving. I understand what you mean. I asked around other drivers and theydo agree that the consumption is pretty high

my gearing is the factory one, haven't changed it. Do you guys believe can make that big difference?

31" tire with 2.4L engine for 12 miles a gallon is bad.
Go for Tune-up, something to do with how its burning gas.
My thoughts exactly! I went to a garage they checked with the computer for codes, they said no codes on the computer and they send me home. But i dont buy it. Something is wrong!

Is a 2.4 2005 6 speed manual. Is it a 3.75?
The factory bolts a small steel tag onto the axle's differential cover at its 9 o'clock position. Look on that tag, you'll find your axle ratio.

This axle tag is indicating the axle has a 3.73 gear ratio inside.

Something that can significantly reduce the mpg is a bad upstream O2 sensor. The upstream O2 sensor provides information to the computer so it can determine how to set the air-fuel mixture. When the upstream O2 sensor goes bad, and they do go bad/wear out just like spark plugs do, it can give bad data to the computer, fooling the computer into thinking the air-fuel mixture is too lean. The computer then keeps adding more & more fuel trying to get the air-fuel mixture correct and eventually the air-fuel mixture is full rich which will destroy the mpg as well as performance. Sometimes you can even detect the strong odor of gasoline from the air-fuel mixture being too rich.

Axle Ratio.jpg

Reactions: Chris and RoboG
The factory bolts a small steel tag onto the axle's differential cover at its 9 o'clock position. Look on that tag, you'll find your axle ratio.

Something that can significantly reduce the mpg is a bad upstream O2 sensor. The upstream O2 sensor provides information to the computer so it can determine how to set the air-fuel mixture. When the upstream O2 sensor goes bad, and they do go bad/wear out just like spark plugs do, it can give bad data to the computer, fooling the computer into thinking the air-fuel mixture is too lean. The computer then keeps adding more & more fuel trying to get the air-fuel mixture correct and eventually the air-fuel mixture is full rich which will destroy the mpg as well as performance. Sometimes you can even detect the strong odor of gasoline from the air-fuel mixture being too rich.

View attachment 42908
Thnx, I will check the number and let you know. I don't think there is a gas odor but do you think I should change it anyway? Because probably I can't say if it's working correctly or no

Thnx, I will check the number and let you know. I don't think there is a gas odor but do you think I should change it anyway? Because probably I can't say if it's working correctly or not
I would change the upstream O2 sensor if it was me since yours is 13 years old. Make sure to only install an NTK brand O2 sensor, Bosch O2 sensors are known to cause problems in our Jeeps.

Reactions: Medali and RoboG
My ECU got water in it from a car wash. Plugged a reflashed reman one in and plugged my TCC solenoid back in and it now works properly. Checking my mileage next week. The old ECU must’ve had multiple problems. The old girl runs so much better. Also thought 4.10 was the proper way to go for a daily driver after finding out your RPMs.
Update: the old beast got 14.56 mpg last tank.

my gearing is the factory one, haven't changed it. Do you guys believe can make that big difference?

You are running larger tires. Your odometer and speedometer are not accurate. Your milage may be higher. The only way to be sure is to change to the correct speedo gear.

31's and the 4.0, stick, very stock, 13.9 mpg on the last tank. Consistently getting right around 14. A mix of 65 mph on the highway and 40 on country roads, not a lot of city driving.

just measured from exhaust the Co, Co2, O2. The first measure is with 900rpm and the second one is at 2500rpm. The guy at the garage told me they look excellent so he told no problem with my exhaust or sensors.
b8873ad5c71320772cde6d32472c072a.jpg

View attachment 42908
my metrics and axel's differential
8e5dcb4005a8eca4432d01b10f334e3f.jpg
bdd4b13c6225aede9690c44a3ba86569.jpg

It really could be down to the tires. You really need the right speedo gear to be sure as currently, your odometer is off. Do a comparison of GPS speed and speedo speed to get the percentage it's off. (testing at 100kph makes it easy) use that percentage in your mileage calculation.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: RoboG