Control Arm question

DropTopDon

TJ Enthusiast
So I was taking out my front adjustable lower control arms on my TJ which I have reverted back to stock coils and shocks, and idiotically I loosened and took out a bolt of each control arm on the front instead of doing one arm at a time. The bolts came out but without them the axle shifted backwards pushing the control arms further into the rear bracket and creating such a tension that the front bolts cannot be removed now. What should I do?

So I was taking out my front adjustable lower control arms on my TJ which I have reverted back to stock coils and shocks, and idiotically I loosened and took out a bolt of each control arm on the front instead of doing one arm at a time. The bolts came out but without them the axle shifted backwards pushing the control arms further into the rear bracket and creating such a tension that the front bolts cannot be removed now. What should I do?
Lift the axle from the spring perch or tire rod end near the knuckle. That should roll it back.

For some reason I am getting a bit confused on my control arm swap. Currently I have adjustable front lowers and adjustable rear uppers on the TJ. These will be put onto my new LJ. There will be 2.5 inches of lift on the LJ, and I am debating on whether I should install the body lift and MML from TJ on to my LJ also. Either way, how should I go about swapping the control arms properly? I read that some people take the coil and shocks out and some people do not. I would rather not considering I just spent a day swapping the front halves of the lifts already.