Control Arm Replacements

Just to confirm my memory — I found my old post in another forum about identifying my lift when I first bought the jeep. Everyone on there at the time was in agreement (including ZONE when I called) that I had their 4” suspension lift. As of today, the front measures at ~6” and back still measures at 4”.

Reactions: Midtenn
best to try free 1st and negate those from the equation, i agree with loosing the links and seeing if that has any effect.

Reactions: Breto31
Drove it today on about an 80 mile round trip. There’s definitely something wrong. It’s a jeep so it’s never been a smooth ride, but it was so bouncy/rough that I could barely stand it. By the end of the trip I was like “get me the F out of this thing”.

This week I’ll try loosening the bolts on all 4 front control arms and putting some weight on them to see if it helps them “settle” any and lower down the front end.

Anyone else with any thoughts as to why the front end would be raised would be a great help!

measure the control arms from center eye to center eye and report back. Get a angle finder and measure your pinion angle. Put the angle finder on one of the front flats next to the diff cover. subtract from 90*.

measure the control arms from center eye to center eye and report back. Get a angle finder and measure your pinion angle. Put the angle finder on one of the front flats next to the diff cover. subtract from 90*.

The CA are 16” on the lowers, and 15 1/4” on the uppers. Will have to locate an angle finder. I don’t have one of those.

Just curious if there was ever a solution to this interesting issue.

I'm doing adjustable front upper and lower CA's soon.
I never measured the pinion angle, but the issue with the bouncy ride was that the shop that I used to get the final bolt put on sat the frame down on top of my sway bar bolt, and it wasn’t allowing the jeep to compress the shocks.

Basically, when they lifted the jeep to put the bolt in, the sway bar shifted a little, so when they lowered it back down under weight the frame came to rest on the top of sway bar bolt and the shocks weren’t engaging…. I just jacked it up myself, pulled the sway bar back over, lowered it and all was back to normal. I also put some collars on each side of the sway bar to help keep it from shifting.

... the shop that I used to get the final bolt put on sat the frame down on top of my sway bar bolt, and it wasn’t allowing the jeep to compress the shocks.

Basically, when they lifted the jeep to put the bolt in, the sway bar shifted a little, so when they lowered it back down under weight the frame came to rest on the top of sway bar bolt and the shocks weren’t engaging…. I just jacked it up myself, pulled the sway bar back over, lowered it and all was back to normal. I also put some collars on each side of the sway bar to help keep it from shifting.
Wow! So the weight of the Jeep was basically riding around on that one bolt...I take it that was the reason for your increase in ride height! Scary and interesting.

How have the Core arms been holding up?

Wow! So the weight of the Jeep was basically riding around on that one bolt...I take it that was the reason for your increase in ride height! Scary and interesting.

How have the Core arms been holding up?
So far so good. I’m not a heavy off-roader, so for me, they’ve been just fine. If I was doing it over again I would get the double-adjustable (I think it’s the T4 model), but the T1’s have been great.

They didn’t fix my wheel wobble issue I’ve been chasing for months (I think I finally figured that out), but I’ve been pleased with the performance/ride.

Reactions: Prospect62