Control arm rod end swap, how hard is it to do?

BrunoPizz97

TJ Enthusiast
Good morning everyone!

I bought replacement rod ends to go to my control arms because they simply need to be replaced (lots of clunk clunk). I am doing all 8 rod ends,
I was wondering how hard this would be to do. (not working on a lift or with any jacks). My jeep guy is just simply very busy and I hate hearing the clunk clunk on my ride to work in the morning... it gets annoying. Has anyone done it themselves before? Thanks!

Not hard at all. Just do one rod end at a time. Remove the bolt, unthread the rod end, thread in the new rod end, install the bolt & torque it.

• USA Proud
Reactions: CharlesHS
Just make sure to leave the adjustable control lengths the same to maintain caster and pinion angles...
IF the control arms are Johnny Joints; make sure to thoroughly clean before installing the new poly halves, apply grease and adjust the preload on them; then lock down the JJ adjusters.

Reactions: qslim
Just make sure to leave the adjustable control lengths the same to maintain caster and pinion angles...
IF the control arms are Johnny Joints; make sure to thoroughly clean before installing the new poly halves, apply grease and adjust the preload on them; then lock down the JJ adjusters.

i do have JJ for my upper control arms, so good thing you said that.