Cool Australian CJ8

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
6161539018_b7a1f922f4_b.jpg

6161522006_b293269662_b.jpg

And one fugly duck, just to balance things out...
ebay445756.jpg

("Honey, does this hat make my butt look big?")

Wow, that thing is beautiful! I just wish the top came off.

The second one is a real turd.

Reactions: Squatch

Flicker, or some such thing, has a lot more pics of it. I just couldn't copy 'em, for whatever reason. I Googled "tan cj8" (images), and eventually found one of those pics, and then visited the site. Nice, nice rig!

Reactions: Chris
Flicker, or some such thing, has a lot more pics of it. I just couldn't copy 'em, for whatever reason. I Googled "tan cj8" (images), and eventually found one of those pics, and then visited the site. Nice, nice rig!

That is nice indeed. I’m always a fan of those retro looking paint jobs.

Looks like the top does come off. You can see a line that looks like where the top separates from the body and in the first picture where the rear door is open you can see a couple of bolts where it looks like the top bolts to the body.

I believe that the Overlander was one of the inspirations for Jeff Scherb's LJ safari top that he licensed to Gr8tops, especially the "barn door" tailgate. I seem to recall him mentioning that when he was describing his design on another forum.

Reactions: JMT
Love that Overlander, with the top off you'd have to remove the barn rear door completely I think….and I hang my head in shame as I see the 'Kardashian' Jeep is from England :(

Reactions: Equilibrium31
That CJ-8 is awesome!
As cool as it is, there are a couple of details about it that just bug the hell out of me. For one, the spare tire's rim doesn't match the other four. That's a definite miss. Also, what's with the tape stripes not matching from the leading edge of the doors, forward? Another miss. I know I'm nit-picking, but it just seems that he went 98%, instead of 100%.
6161516082_156d982523_b.jpg

He went to O'Reillys for most of the tape, but then they ran out of it. So he had to go to Vato-Zone for the rest of it.

Well, the overlander one is awesome. Actually to be honest I like the fat azz one a lot....I’d just pull that retarded hard top off and put on one of those soft top bed cover things. Without the hard top it looks pretty sweet.
That hardtop looks like it's a YJ hardtop. I'm fairly certain that someone put it on there with the idea of "customizing" their CJ8. On paper, maybe it sounded like a good idea, anyways. So yeah, I agree. Lose the hardtop (and those aluminum diamond plate mud flaps), and it'd be a sweet little CJ8!