Cool, new tire coming...

LMAO here, sorry... <snip>...that meant off the beaten path – so far, in fact, that the crew had to operate without cell reception for long stretches of time.<snip> In the Tillamook State Forest? Really? No Cell reception? I hope their design and build guys are more competent than their marketing guys... The roads they shot the pictures on were in better shape than some of my buddies driveways! I sometimes have to laugh at the marketing folks, and wish they would talk to some of the locals a bit when they head out to take their beauty shots. OK, I'm done being snarky, and I feel ashamed of myself now.

Reactions: MikeM
LMAO here, sorry... <snip>...that meant off the beaten path – so far, in fact, that the crew had to operate without cell reception for long stretches of time.<snip> In the Tillamook State Forest? Really? No Cell reception? I hope their design and build guys are more competent than their marketing guys... The roads they shot the pictures on were in better shape than some of my buddies driveways! I sometimes have to laugh at the marketing folks, and wish they would talk to some of the locals a bit when they head out to take their beauty shots. OK, I'm done being snarky, and I feel ashamed of myself now.

I have ZERO cell reception with AT&T in the TSF, so I believe that part. I totally agree with you on the marketing part though!

There are places up there, Chris, where you don't have GPS reception, let alone cell reception.

It would be nice if the marketing guys for these various off road parts companies would get ahold of somebody from the local area. The marketing guys want good shots, obviously, to sell the product and the local guys would know where those shots could be had. Seems logical to me. Plus the locals would probably get a charge out of seeing how those marketing shots are actually done. For this series, I'm thinking that you could run them from Mollala across the mountain towards Elk Lake and they would have had some pretty spectacular scenery for backdrops. At least the roads would have looked like you needed four wheel drive.

Reactions: Chris
I'm all for realistic marketing too, and that's why I went with KO2's. Needed the security against someone stealing my tires and throwing them out of a plane. Gosh I hate when that happens.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
I think that BMW had one where they dropped some car out of an airplane with parachutes and it drove off... There were a couple of other out there as well.

I think that BMW had one where they dropped some car out of an airplane with parachutes and it drove off... There were a couple of other out there as well.

Haha! Yeah if that isn't marketing I don't know what is!

Yes, it does. And then everyone will rush to buy one bragging about how their car can be dropped out of an airplane and the tires will be able to take it.