Coolant coming from evap drain after upper coolant hose replacement

Bweber

So I've done some research on a heater core replacement and am fully aware of what it entails, but just wanted to get an opinion first before I disassemble the whole dash.

My upper coolant hose had a leak, so I replaced it and "burped" the air out of the radiator and everything seemed fine again. Almost like clockwork, the next day I noticed coolant was dripping from the a/c evap drain. This wasn't an issue prior. Still have heat, but can smell coolant when I turn it on.

Just wondering if there is a possible correlation to the previous repair that could have caused this to happen that I'm unaware of or if I just got really bad timing and the heater core happened to go bad right after.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

It's the core. I had it start dripping out of that drain when mine went out last year. The only way for it to drain out of that tube is if there is coolant in the HVAC housing.

Well, I guess if your HVAC housing is cracked and your seal around the heater core pipes is gone or severely deteriorated and your leaking hose allowed coolant in there it could come out of that drain, but highly unlikely.

It's the core. I had it start dripping out of that drain when mine went out last year. The only way for it to drain out of that tube is if there is coolant in the HVAC housing.

Well, I guess if your HVAC housing is cracked and your seal around the heater core pipes is gone or severely deteriorated and your leaking hose allowed coolant in there it could come out of that drain, but highly unlikely.
I was thinking the same, Seems pretty coincidental.. I would watch your level for a few days and see if it stops before I tore into the heater core.

If your not in a huge hurry to tear it apart

You could also bypass the heater core for a while until you are ready to change it.

I used homemade hose pinchers so I wouldn’t lose a bunch of coolant when I unhooked the lines.