Coolest Colors on a TJ

I don't think you can get any cooler than a basic black Jeep:

L3.jpg

EFDB6AE0-0855-4FFD-9F73-B7B32C8C3FD3.jpeg

Of the three TJ’s I’ve owned, my first one was my favorite color combo. Incredibly clean OEM black with Carmel pleather seats(I don’t believe the seats were stock). My second, and third(current TJ) have both been patriot blue which I’m impartial to. Second pic is my current rig

C9FE0BCC-BC92-4E0F-9AF9-33C95655FEB2.jpeg

Reactions: BC Moto
I had a mint pastel yellow ‘83 cj 7 with white and gray stripes and a white top, yellow buggy wheels and don't have a single pic...it was close to the yellow YJ islander color- anyone remember that color? Had 13,000 miles on it when I traded it.

Today the CJs look small to me as far as stance, maybe delicate, but the CJ and the TJ have the same feel looking over the hood- but the CJ had a utilitarian feel (because it was) that the Tj can’t produce in stock form- and the TJ has comfort the CJ can’t evoke either. They are really 2 different animals, same species.

I wasn’t out for white but I have ended up liking it a lot.

FA20DE5F-CFB3-47C8-A23B-8C43EFD31582.jpeg

I had a mint pastel yellow ‘83 cj 7 with white and gray stripes and a white top, yellow buggy wheels and don't have a single pic...it was close to the yellow YJ islander color- anyone remember that color? Had 13,000 miles on it when I traded it.

Today the CJs look small to me as far as stance, maybe delicate, but the CJ and the TJ have the same feel looking over the hood- but the CJ had a utilitarian feel (because it was) that the Tj can’t produce in stock form- and the TJ has comfort the CJ can’t evoke either. They are really 2 different animals, same species.

I wasn’t out for white but I have ended up liking it a lot.

View attachment 270339
Sunset Yellow was one of the colors of the YJ islander

Reactions: AndyG
How about magenta? …1 year only 1997 color

View attachment 270346
I’ve actually see one of these in the flesh not that long ago when I went to visit my family In Michigan. Everything had been left stock more or less but it had a nice suspension lift and 35s. It was a sharp looking jeep I will admit it. I had asked the owners about it, who were an older retired couple and they were the original owners and told me it was original paint. It was a cool rig.

Reactions: D M
I generally don't like blue. I don't like blue vehicles, I don't like rooms to be painted blue, and I don't like blue clothing although I do have a couple of blue costumes. With that said, the "Patriot Blue" really looks good on a Jeep. Wouldn't be caught dead driving a white anything...

I have patriot blue, it looks great in the sun but doesn’t give me the same feeling as impact orange, red, white, or a nice green. I’m about to repaint and I’m torn between original and something new.View attachment 272667
That is one of my favorites- I had one. Shows a lot, but looks so good.

I generally don't like blue. I don't like blue vehicles, I don't like rooms to be painted blue, and I don't like blue clothing although I do have a couple of blue costumes. With that said, the "Patriot Blue" really looks good on a Jeep. Wouldn't be caught dead driving a white anything...
Spoken by the guy who has impeccable wardrobe choices....I just don’t drive mine after labor day 🤪🤪🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Scout734 and Zorba
Spoken by the guy who has impeccable wardrobe choices....I just don’t drive mine after labor day 🤪🤪🤪
And my old Mercedes is a "Powder Blue", go figure. NOT the color I would have chosen, but there it was. Turns out that 99% of the 80s 300SDs were that color - and 99% of the W126 Mercedes's of those years were 300SDs! They had a REALLY nice teal that they painted a lot of 300CDs with in that timeframe...

Reactions: AndyG
And my old Mercedes is a "Powder Blue", go figure. NOT the color I would have chosen, but there it was. Turns out that 99% of the 80s 300SDs were that color - and 99% of the W126 Mercedes's of those years were 300SDs! They had a REALLY nice teal that they painted a lot of 300CDs with in that timeframe...
our old 77 300D was a dark blue, my father was able to pick it up at the factory in Germany, we put 3000 miles on it in 5 weeks touring Europe before shipping it back home. Then we had an 80 240D in off white...not my favorite color.

Reactions: Zorba