Cooper tire offer

Copper tires? Do they ride pretty rough?
I run Cooper STT Pro’s. Have 20,000 miles on them and they still run smooth. I do a 5-pt rotation every 3,000 miles

Reactions: ac_
Cooper tires in general run smoother and quieter than most brands👍. They also tend to get the miles they say they will.👍 I think that for a D.D or for frequent highway running they are one of the best brands👍. If you are strictly a hard core off road only then there are other brands that tend to be better suited for you.👎
But if you are at 33" or less this is roughly 1 tire half off.😁 Thought some others might have not known about it. I normally find out about discounts 2 days after they end or 2 weeks after I already bought 'em.😞

I am about to replace a set of Cooper Discoverer ST/Maxx tires, LT265/75R16, that have given me just over 40,000 trouble free miles on a 4x4 "overlander," including multiple trips to Moab, Black Rock Desert, Sierra Nevada mountains, etc. That vehicle is now primarily a daily driver and doesn't see as much offroad use as it once did, also this is likely to be the last set of tires I buy for it, so I am torn between replacing my worn tires with another set of ST/Maxx or the slightly less aggressive AT3. Cooper tires have always provided me with good service and good value so I'm sure that I won't go wrong with either

Reactions: JMT
I am about to replace a set of Cooper Discoverer ST/Maxx tires, LT265/75R16, that have given me just over 40,000 trouble free miles on a 4x4 "overlander," including multiple trips to Moab, Black Rock Desert, Sierra Nevada mountains, etc. That vehicle is now primarily a daily driver and doesn't see as much offroad use as it once did, also this is likely to be the last set of tires I buy for it, so I am torn between replacing my worn tires with another set of ST/Maxx or the slightly less aggressive AT3. Cooper tires have always provided me with good service and good value so I'm sure that I won't go wrong with either

I have owned two set of ST Maxx tires, set on my jeep and my truck. Before ST Maxx on my truck I had AT3's. I can honestly say there are time the AT3 gets better traction. They were awesome in snow and ice and good in mud too. IMO you can't go wrong with either, both great tires that are quiet, wear even, and get great mileage.

Reactions: Sancho
I'd lean towards the AT3 if you plan to be on the pavement most of the time.🤔 If not I'd keep with what you are running.🤔 Unless onroad ice and snow are planned🤔. Then I'd go back towards the AT3's again.🤔 Unless....😉

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho and JMT
We switched to AT3’s at work on a dodge pickup and an F250 and they both immediately started road walking. May not have the same problem with the Jeep, but it definitely scared me away from them. The problem is severe.

I got some Oakey and Roy Ban sunglasses one time through the mail. I knew it was a scam, but was curious. Not trying to derail it, but it was funny

• Haha
Reactions: L J
We switched to AT3’s at work on a dodge pickup and an F250 and they both immediately started road walking. May not have the same problem with the Jeep, but it definitely scared me away from them. The problem is severe.

"Tread walking" is not unique to Cooper tires and is reported to occur more often with empty bed pickup trucks. It is also said to occur more frequently with aggressive AT or MT tires because it is caused by by the open valley areas between the tread blocks and tread depth allowing the tread to flex with the road surface which is often described as a "floating" feel. The literature suggests that low tire pressure is frequently the cause and also that the "floating" feeling diminishes or is eliminated completely by driving the new tires through several heat cycles.

I have owned two set of ST Maxx tires, set on my jeep and my truck. Before ST Maxx on my truck I had AT3's. I can honestly say there are time the AT3 gets better traction. They were awesome in snow and ice and good in mud too. IMO you can't go wrong with either, both great tires that are quiet, wear even, and get great mileage.

I just ordered a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT tires for my Xterra, LT265/75R16-C, to replace the worn out Cooper ST/Maxx LT265/75R16-E tires on it now. As much as I liked the ST/Maxx, I thought I would try something different this time because the Xterra will see very little dirt going forward and what it does see will likely be only mild overlanding. The primary use will be as daily driver and for long road trips on pavement.

I'll let you know how they work out.

"Tread walking" is not unique to Cooper tires and is reported to occur more often with empty bed pickup trucks. It is also said to occur more frequently with aggressive AT or MT tires because it is caused by by the open valley areas between the tread blocks and tread depth allowing the tread to flex with the road surface which is often described as a "floating" feel. The literature suggests that low tire pressure is frequently the cause and also that the "floating" feeling diminishes or is eliminated completely by driving the new tires through several heat cycles.

I just ordered a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT tires for my Xterra, LT265/75R16-C, to replace the worn out Cooper ST/Maxx LT265/75R16-E tires on it now. As much as I liked the ST/Maxx, I thought I would try something different this time because the Xterra will see very little dirt going forward and what it does see will likely be only mild overlanding. The primary use will be as daily driver and for long road trips on pavement.

I'll let you know how they work out.
Neither one is empty. They’ve been on the trucks for at least a year. We are required to run at max pressure per our policies since I work for the state. I really liked the look of them. I wanted to get some...then I drove on them. It is dramatic. It feels like I’m drifting when I go into a curve. I thought I had a flat. We also have some on BFG’s and they are great. We even have some Linglong A/Ts from China. Don’t have that problem with them. It may not be noticeable with the Jeep due to the short wheelbase, but it is pronounced in the pickups. I liked the Cooper A/Ts before they came out with the A/T 3s. The previous generation did not have any issues on our trucks.

+1 on the STT Pro's I run them too.

Just to let you know if you wait till Labor Day Weekend, Discount tire will run a special rebate and dollars to donuts Cooper will too. I saved the price of 1 tire buying on a national holiday before, but it is crazy getting in there. It is busy because of all of the savings.

Reactions: JMT