Cordless work lights

joe-exotic-tiger-king.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I have one of the M12 flood lights and I find that I don't use it as much as I would like to because the color output is too "warm" and doesn't provide as much clarity as my Dewalt 20v light that outputs a white "cool" light. My garage lighting is all 5000k which is probably also why I want flashlights that match.

View attachment 309994

I noticed today that Milwaukee has another M12 light. It looks like a very usable size. Does anyone have one? Is the color output warm or cool?

View attachment 309993
I have the top version, and although bright, it always (ALWAYS!) points the light in the WRONG direction.
I swear it is either pointing directly into my eyes, or it is shining for deer.
The natural angle of the light, along with the nearly useless magnetic and clamping features of this light earn it a solid 1-star rating.

A few years ago I bought a Milwaukee under hood light that I have used for countless hours under the hood, in the cabin, and under the frame of my Jeep and other project cars. One thing I really like about the under hood light is that a few minutes before the battery is about to die, it gives you a few intermittent blinks as a warning.

The bar that holds the light is spring loaded and allows it to grip a hood, inside of the passenger compartment roof or just lie on the ground. The light itself can be twisted on the bar to allow it to be pointed in any direction which helps to eliminate shadows. The spread of the light is very broad and lights up an engine bay or undercarriage wonderfully..

It is a bit more task specific than the light Blaine showed but I would 100% buy it again it I lost mine.

Here are a few pictures I grabbed off the internet.

671B4AD8-3523-4D80-9523-4B6B8D893FE1.jpeg

A4826D27-E0ED-4F3F-8151-8D5588F4E055.png

4742CB15-D48E-45B1-9BA6-D4760C24B905.jpeg

Get one of these and the absolute usefulness will completely overshadow any pickiness over light color.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...hTFS3YD-F0JroaSsDhkaAtaqEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've been using this for the last month and it's like having a lightning bug for a helper because the light is never in the way and always able to put the light where I want it.

My pickiness of the light color still exists, but is overshadowed by the absolute usefulness.

My only complaint is that this light doesn't work well for house projects that aren't magnetic. If I could do over again I'd build my house out of steel so I could use this light everywhere.

Reactions: Mike_H and mrblaine