California Corral Hollow OHV Trail

KimsJeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys, so the "Jeep Divas" (Girls Jeep club I belong too) are going to go to the Corral Hollow OHV trail. Was just curious on....

1, Not including photo op stops and maybe a lunch, how long does it generally take to do the 13.8 miles of trail? It is going to take my just over 2 hours to get to the start of the trail. With the days getting shorter, I'm wanting to make sure I get back toward home before it gets to dark. :D Jeep may turn into a pumpkin! LOL

2. Can my stock TJ with 31" tires do this trail?

I've looked it up and it say's its a moderate trail. The girls say they are going to stick to the blue and green dot trails, if they go off from the main trail.

I tried looking it up on my paid subscription of Trailsoffoad.com, but it isn't on it. Only place it comes up that I can find is Alltrails, and I don't have a paid subscription to that one, so am limited on the info it gives me.

Thanks for any info on the trail you can give! :D

Reactions: Vasq
Hope this helps. Sounds like you'll be fine. 2-3hrs
1573604835056752857384879370242.jpg
15736049166826779910112891296015.jpg

If you are doing the loop around the perimeter of the park that goes up and over the mountain by the fire tower, then a stock Jeep can do this. There are a couple of “blue” sections you might walk first but trust me your Jeep can do it.
Budget 2 hours including stops, and you can climb the fire tower and say hi to the volunteer 👋

Reactions: KimsJeep
and hey, I know it’s a girls club, but if men are allowed, I’d love to bring my 17 yo daughter out to run with you guys and meet a few role models. She’s helping me build this Jeep and learning to drive stick. PM me if that’s cool.

and hey, I know it’s a girls club, but if men are allowed, I’d love to bring my 17 yo daughter out to run with you guys and meet a few role models. She’s helping me build this Jeep and learning to drive stick. PM me if that’s cool.

I asked on the FB page. As soon as I find out I'll PM you.

Reactions: AussieNick
Depending upon the condition of the Corral Hollow Trail after the summer you should be okay with 31" tires. If the trail has been torn up some spots may take a careful line with a stock jeep - just before the "02" in the Charles Wells map to about the '03" mark, but it will be easy after that.

You should note that the spot marked "cross private property" is notated as "closed" on the most current U.S. Forest Service Motor Vehicle Use Map due to pending litigation over the right of way. People cross anyway but you should be aware that the owner may consider it trespassing (in the highly unlikely event you encounter him/her.)

Reactions: KimsJeep
Depending upon the condition of the Corral Hollow Trail after the summer you should be okay with 31" tires. If the trail has been torn up some spots may take a careful line with a stock jeep - just before the "02" in the Charles Wells map to about the '03" mark, but it will be easy after that.

You should note that the spot marked "cross private property" is notated as "closed" on the most current U.S. Forest Service Motor Vehicle Use Map due to pending litigation over the right of way. People cross anyway but you should be aware that the owner may consider it trespassing (in the highly unlikely event you encounter him/her.)

Now I'm getting a bit nervous! LOL I shared you info with the girls on FB and so I will make sure they kind of spot me as I try to go trough.

The private property thing is kind of concerning though. May have try to go a little faster through that section. :D

Now I'm getting a bit nervous! LOL I shared you info with the girls on FB and so I will make sure they kind of spot me as I try to go trough.

The private property thing is kind of concerning though. May have try to go a little faster through that section. :D
You'll do great. You should join us on the Christmas tree run next month.

Take lots of photos.

Ok, all are welcome to join. We are meeting at the Shell station in angels camp, then head to the trail front. So far the plan is to start the trail at 10 am.
Right now I am in the process of pulling my gas tank. Developed a leak after I filled up this morning!😢

• Wow
Reactions: Alex01
Ok, all are welcome to join. We are meeting at the Shell station in angels camp, then head to the trail front. So far the plan is to start the trail at 10 am.
Right now I am in the process of pulling my gas tank. Developed a leak after I filled up this morning!😢
That's no fun. Hopefully, it's something simple like a bad connection to the pump. Are you sure it wasn't overfilled and coming out the vent?

@ncfitton are you in northern California or southern? Just asking because it seems like a hell of a trip if you're located in San Diego.

Oh wow! I immediately thought of Corral Canyon OHV so you are absolutely right. Ignore everything I said on this thread.

I’m so sorry @KimsJeep

LOL, no problem. Probably partially my fault for the mis-understanding. I think I was told OHV, but it's not an OHV, just a trail. Yah, kind of a long way from San Diego.

Good news, I got the tank fixed! It was something simple. The big nut that holds the fuel pump in was loose. Hubby did take it apart and checked the seal and all, and it was all good. :D I'm good to go now.