Cost benefit analysis on going to 33s?

Ganders

Currently running 31x10.5x15 tires with stock suspension and 373's. Thinking about going to 33's. So I priced a 2" suspension and 1.5' body lift, 2 grand'ish. 33x12.5 tires, another grand. Paid 5,500 for the jeep. So I'm wondering what is my tangible benifit? 31 to 33's translates to 1" more ground clearance. The body lift gets me better approach and descent angles and some more ground clearance. But, the frame is still only that inch higher. Am I missing something?

Have you encountered anything where the Jeep is getting hung up on it's undersides? If not, there will be little to no tangible benefit to a lift and larger tires.

Reactions: rasband and Chris
I think the bigger question would be, with 33's what gear ratio your going to install. Unless you don't mind lugg'in your jeep. Just say'n.

Reactions: AndyG
Wow! 2 grand for a 2" spring lift and a 1.5" BL? I did mine for under $750 and it's all top notch parts. You should probably take a look at my build thread.

Reactions: rasband
It sounds like you recently bought your Jeep. I'd recommend driving it for a while and taking it offroad for a few trips and see what works and doesn't work. I think you'll get a better idea of how to spend your money.

Reactions: EzPeezy and Goatman
Most of that stuff isn't even needed on a small spring lift, but it's your money.

Lower control arms - not needed
Rear track bar - not needed
Long travel shocks - not needed
Rear sway bar links - not needed
Extended brake lines - not needed
Yep you’re right, it’s my money. The reason I started this thread was to get a better understanding. And I appreciate all of help I’ve gotten from this forum.

Reactions: Blondie70