Could this number identify specs on rim?

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
IMG_3729.JPG
Hi, as I was sanding the hub caps prepping them to paint, I found this label on the inside . Could this identify the rim type that this hub cap came with? The current rims on my jeep are not stock and would like to know. Thanks!

Yes, that number ending in AA is the part number. It shows that it came from an "Alcoa" wheel, which has the following specs:

* 15x8 forged aluminum
* 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern
* Backspacing = 5.5"
* Offset = +25 mm
* Standard wheel with 2004 Rocky Mountain Edition and 2006 65th Anniversary Edition.

Yes, that number ending in AA is the part number. It shows that it came from an "Alcoa" wheel, which has the following specs:

* 15x8 forged aluminum
* 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern
* Backspacing = 5.5"
* Offset = +25 mm
* Standard wheel with 2004 Rocky Mountain Edition and 2006 65th Anniversary Edition.
Wow. Thanks. So that's the hub cap that's on my current 16 inch rims with the 33 inch tire. they happen to fit the new rims I'm putting on as they didn't have their hub caps. Thanks again!!!

Reactions: Chris

* 15x8 forged aluminum
* 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern
* Backspacing = 5.5"
* Offset = +25 mm
* Standard wheel with 2004 Rocky Mountain Edition and 2006 65th
IMG_3735.JPG
Anniversary Edition.
So now that got me wondering because the rim that the hub was with is not aluminum. Here are numbers from the rim. Does this identify the rim by chance? Thanks for the help :)

View attachment 17157
The center cap is from an aluminum jeep wheel and these are steel

Those are shitty (sorry, it's true though) aftermarket steel wheels. Someone re-used the stock center cap from the factory "Alcoa" wheels.

FYI, steel wheels are garbage in my opinion. Get an alloy wheel if you upgrade.

Reactions: Kathy
Those are shitty (sorry, it's true though) aftermarket steel wheels. Someone re-used the stock center cap from the factory "Alcoa" wheels.

FYI, steel wheels are garbage in my opinion. Get an alloy wheel if you upgrade.
I figured they were. My boyfriend just remembered where the center caps were for the rims I'm using with the new tires im getting in the next couple days. He was using them to hold his nuts and bolts . Lol. They are American racing wheels but impossible to find out exact specs on them. The cap had numbers but they don't identify like the jeep ones do. I but at least they are a bit higher quality it sounds. Thanks for your help :)

No problem at all!

Yep, steel wheels are cheap for a reason. The American Racing wheels are likely alloy, so those would be better than the steelies!

Reactions: Kathy
Steel has it's place. Just because you don't like them, Chris, doesn't mean they are shitty.
Biggest advantage to steel, imho, is that it can get pretty severely bent, and still hold a bead. Alloy tends to crack and leak.

Reactions: Rob5589 and Kathy
Steel has it's place. Just because you don't like them, Chris, doesn't mean they are shitty.
Biggest advantage to steel, imho, is that it can get pretty severely bent, and still hold a bead. Alloy tends to crack and leak.
True. Years ago seemed like we all ran AR 767's. Budgets being what they are, there was no way I was going to run a 300 dollar wheel and tear it up on rocks.