Could you be shamed into not eating meat?

First time we fished for halibut was at tamales point in CA it was a beautiful day. smooth as glass, we were using a tin boat and we got the first one, about 30lbs got it in the boat, let it lay on the bottom of the boat, everything was smooth and thought dang that was pretty cool. All of a sudden that dang thing came alive and beat the crap out of that boat and every thing in its way. Scared me half to death. I thought for sure it was going knock my son in law out of the boat. We learned after that to "dispatch" those guys as soon as they get in the boat.
The moral of the story is that they are good eating
We had the same thing happen with a 250 lb. thresher shark we pulled over the side onto the deck. We towed it by the tail for a couple of miles but had to speed it up to get back to the harbor. It wasn't worth it.

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition
I am SOOOOOOO tired of people telling me what I should or should not be doing. Cancel those Fuckers 😡and leave me the fuck alone. And those that say hey your not being very PC , you are fucking correct.😁

So if you are a vegan why do you try and make your cauliflower look like a Hamburger or a Hot Dog which are meat products, come up with your own name and leave my meat products alone. Glad my Vodka is plant based so they won't try and cancel that

Oh yea I am glad I went to In-n-Out today for a burger while I am still allowed 🤣

One smart man once said "The respect of other's rights and dreams is the source of peace"

Wild farmed and wild sourced would be ideal, but such is life. Ever wonder why chicken caught in the wild tastes so much better than farm "raised" ? to boot, go outside of the US and eat open land raised chicken or beef and see the difference in taste. Can't pay me enough to just eat vegetables. Just can't

I haven't eaten any animal products (meat, eggs, butter, cheese, etc) for about 9 months now. I didn't do it for the sake of the animals. I have no problem with people eating meat, farming it, milking it, or hunting it. Quite frankly, if someone needed my help, I would have no problem strangling the bunny rabbit, skinning it, and skewering it over an open fire. In fact, something about that appeals to my cave-man instincts.

However, since I stopped eating meat, I feel like a million bucks. 20 years younger. You see, for more years than I can count, I felt like garbage most days. Low energy, upset stomach and bloating, trouble sleeping, irritability (like MANY of the people on this forum), weight gain, etc. The worst part was an impending feeling of doom almost every afternoon. Hard to explain how this one feels but I promise you, it sucks. Until this started happening to me, I always thought people who struggled with anxiety and depression just needed to "get over it". I was very wrong. It's paralyzing. You can't do anything about it and you can't control it.

Over the last 10 years, I tried MANY things. I gave up sugar, coffee, and dairy products. I went gluten free for a while. I gave up alcohol. I saw a sleep doctor and did a sleep test (the test came up "normal"). I routinely exercised. NONE OF IT helped. Not one bit.

Then I watched a movie called "Forks over Knives". The movie profiled several people who went vegan. The most compelling scene was one of the people listing all of their health issues prior to going vegan. Almost every health issue was identical to mine. It was creepy.

I have NEVER been interested in vegetables but I figured I'd try it out. The next morning I had a vegan breakfast and lunch and immediately felt better. No stomach pain, no bloating, and no impending feelings of doom. The next day, my energy increased, and I slept great. I haven't looked back. ANYONE going through what they think is just "part of getting" old, should try vegan. It only took a day for me to feel better and I haven't looked back. Remember, nothing tastes as good as feeling good.

Do I preach vegan to everyone? No. The worst part of eating vegan is vegans. Most vegans are self righteous, know-it-all, shit-piles that run their mouth too much. Besides, I don't think everyone needs it. If you feel great and have no health issues, why would you quit eating meat? It tastes great and there are plenty of cows, chickens, and other critters to go around.

I haven't eaten any animal products (meat, eggs, butter, cheese, etc) for about 9 months now. I didn't do it for the sake of the animals. I have no problem with people eating meat, farming it, milking it, or hunting it. Quite frankly, if someone needed my help, I would have no problem strangling the bunny rabbit, skinning it, and skewering it over an open fire. In fact, something about that appeals to my cave-man instincts.

However, since I stopped eating meat, I feel like a million bucks. 20 years younger. You see, for more years than I can count, I felt like garbage most days. Low energy, upset stomach and bloating, trouble sleeping, irritability (like MANY of the people on this forum), weight gain, etc. The worst part was an impending feeling of doom almost every afternoon. Hard to explain how this one feels but I promise you, it sucks. Until this started happening to me, I always thought people who struggled with anxiety and depression just needed to "get over it". I was very wrong. It's paralyzing. You can't do anything about it and you can't control it.

Over the last 10 years, I tried MANY things. I gave up sugar, coffee, and dairy products. I went gluten free for a while. I gave up alcohol. I saw a sleep doctor and did a sleep test (the test came up "normal"). I routinely exercised. NONE OF IT helped. Not one bit.

Then I watched a movie called "Forks over Knives". The movie profiled several people who went vegan. The most compelling scene was one of the people listing all of their health issues prior to going vegan. Almost every health issue was identical to mine. It was creepy.

I have NEVER been interested in vegetables but I figured I'd try it out. The next morning I had a vegan breakfast and lunch and immediately felt better. No stomach pain, no bloating, and no impending feelings of doom. The next day, my energy increased, and I slept great. I haven't looked back. ANYONE going through what they think is just "part of getting" old, should try vegan. It only took a day for me to feel better and I haven't looked back. Remember, nothing tastes as good as feeling good.

Do I preach vegan to everyone? No. The worst part of eating vegan is vegans. Most vegans are self righteous, know-it-all, shit-piles that run their mouth too much. Besides, I don't think everyone needs it. If you feel great and have no health issues, why would you quit eating meat? It tastes great and there are plenty of cows, chickens, and other critters to go around.
Sounds like how I felt when I went keto.

Just had oysters and crawfish for lunch

Reactions: dlm1450
Sounds like how I felt when I went keto.

Just had oysters and crawfish for lunch
I've heard the "Mediterranean Diet" has worked well for many people too. I lot of vegetables and fish. I'm still a little worried about the mercury in fish. Heavy metals are hard to get out of your system.

Reactions: Apparition
I've heard the "Mediterranean Diet" has worked well for many people too. I lot of vegetables and fish. I'm still a little worried about the mercury in fish. Heavy metals are hard to get out of your system.
I think it’s just about eating cleaner and staying away from processed foods. Natural is good.

Technology has outrun evolution in the last 50 years and bodies can’t keep up.

Most cattle feed for 'finishers' is a GMO product. Same for most meat/egg fowl.
The residues from the pesticides/fertilizers used on GMO feed shows up in the fat of the animal.
Combined with the general docility of farmed animals, and the selling of 'live weight' . . . . fat is a good thing for the farmer/rancher.

Folks think that roast with the 'marbled fat' is all good and well . . . . and tender too. It's tender because that domestic meat animal has no muscle tone whatsoever. It's not like that elk or moose with the good working muscle. That elk or moose that can move quickly to avoid you or that wolf pack. That elk/moose has no fat marbled through its muscles. It maybe not be as tender as your domesticated beef, but the quality of that protein is so much better for you. Fat on a game animal is between the hide and the muscle. Not in the muscle.

For our vegan friend, it was interesting to read your post . . . . (vegan) food for thought. Thanks for posting.

Most cattle feed for 'finishers' is a GMO product. Same for most meat/egg fowl.
The residues from the pesticides/fertilizers used on GMO feed shows up in the fat of the animal.
Combined with the general docility of farmed animals, and the selling of 'live weight' . . . . fat is a good thing for the farmer/rancher.

Folks think that roast with the 'marbled fat' is all good and well . . . . and tender too. It's tender because that domestic meat animal has no muscle tone whatsoever. It's not like that elk or moose with the good working muscle. That elk or moose that can move quickly to avoid you or that wolf pack. That elk/moose has no fat marbled through its muscles. It maybe not be as tender as your domesticated beef, but the quality of that protein is so much better for you. Fat on a game animal is between the hide and the muscle. Not in the muscle.

For our vegan friend, it was interesting to read your post . . . . (vegan) food for thought. Thanks for posting.
Northern Minnesota whitetail
7F616A4E-27AA-42F7-9444-AAD28FE273E1.jpeg

8A3555C3-DEB6-4642-856B-E4F4707254B1.jpeg