Covercraft WeatherShield Quick Cover

b0xcar

TJ Enthusiast
I'm going to highly recommend this cover for the TJ if anyone one of you are looking for a raincover.

Last night, a storm rolled through. I was out of town and topless. We got back to the hotel at night and I thought about putting the cover on but the percentage had dropped to 10%. In Texas, that basically means no rain. Out of no where I hear thunder. Looked outside and there was a light rain. I thought "bummer"! I was really back and forth on going out and putting the cover on now. Thought it was already raining (lightly) and all would be fine. Talked myself into going outside around 1130pm and putting the cover on. When I got outside the rain had basically stopped. The jeep was a little wet inside and had that been all the rain for the night it would have been fine.

The cover went on. Still dry under the jeep. Nothing to worry about right?
20180603_233028.jpg
20180603_233125.jpg

I get back up to the room and about 20mins later this storm pops up.

Screenshot_20180604-002054_Weather.jpg

Screenshot_20180604-005507_Weather.jpg

I feel really good now about putting the cover on and watch this storm for a good 1hr. I was trying to out last the rain so I could go out and check things out. I was a little concerned on how the cover was going to perform in a heavy rain like this.

Seemed to be doing good! Fits nice and snug. It's not flapping around in the wind. Just holding water above the front seats.
20180603_235719.jpg

Rain!
20180603_235608.jpg

MORE rain!

I decided to give up waiting this storm out and got some rest. I think it was after 1am.

This morning I went to check things out.

So the cover holds water really well! It did not leak through.
20180604_084928.jpg

Repels water nicely.

20180604_085257.jpg

I crawled inside...
Maybe the sun shade helped support the water...
20180604_085416.jpg

I just pushed up from here on the cover and the water just rolled right off! The inside of the Jeep was a little wet from the 1st light rain before I got the cover put on. This cover is the REAL DEAL. Very lightweight and compact. Super easy install! Must buy if you love riding topless. You won't regret it.

Last edited:
Awesome review! Glad to hear it kept the Jeep interior dry. That storm dumped 5-6" on some areas.

I had one of these for my old TJ and went through similar TX storms with the same results! This cover ROCKS! It's also super lightweight and stuffs into a small box or bag. I plan to get one for my LJ from Quadratec.

Can you confirm this is the one you bought, Covercraft WeatherShield Cover, and not the Covercraft Noah Quick Cover. I bought mine used but I am pretty certain it was the WeatherShield one.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Awesome review! Glad to hear it kept the Jeep interior dry. That storm dumped 5-6" on some areas.

I had one of these for my old TJ and went through similar TX storms with the same results! This cover ROCKS! It's also super lightweight and stuffs into a small box or bag. I plan to get one for my LJ from Quadratec.

Can you confirm this is the one you bought, Covercraft WeatherShield Cover, and not the Covercraft Noah Quick Cover. I bought mine used but I am pretty certain it was the WeatherShield one.

Thanks!
Both of the links you posted are for the Noah cover. The Noah cover says it only comes in gray color.

The WeatherShield comes in black, red, green, light blue, tan and gray.

I have the tan WeatherShield
https://www.quadratec.com/products/11186_20X_PG.htm

Reactions: KCsTJ and DougB
I've been looking for something like this! Does it easily store in the TJ when not in use?

I'm impressed it held all that water without leaking! It really is waterproof, huh?

I've been looking for something like this! Does it easily store in the TJ when not in use?

I'm impressed it held all that water without leaking! It really is waterproof, huh?
It sits in the matching tan bag when not in use.
20180604_171909.jpg

20180604_171837.jpg

I could tighten it up a little more if I ever need to. It's pretty compact. It really is water proof!

Reactions: DougB and Chris
Both of the links you posted are for the Noah cover. The Noah cover says it only comes in gray color.

The WeatherShield comes in black, red, green, light blue, tan and gray.

I have the tan WeatherShield
https://www.quadratec.com/products/11186_20X_PG.htm

That's what I get for trying to play and work at the same time. Fixed the link. Thanks for confirming. I figured as much since yours was tan and the Noah comes only in gray.

Strangely for the LJ they call the Noah fabric one the Quick Cover but for the TJ they call the WeatherShield as Quick Cover. I was confused!!

Last edited:
That's what I get for trying to play and work at the same time. Fixed the link. Thanks for confirming. I figured as much since yours was tan and the Noah comes only in gray.

Strangely for the LJ they call the Noah fabric one the Quick Cover but for the TJ they call the WeatherShield as Quick Cover. I was confused!!
That is confusing! The WeatherShield cover is the one you will want.

The Noah cover "details section" has this for the TJ...

*This cover is NOT designed nor intended to be used as serious protection from rain or other forms of heavy condensation or moisture.

It doesn't mention this on the LJ version. I'm pretty sure the WeatherShield cover is for rain protection and the Noah cover is not. You may want to call and confirm.

Reactions: DougB
I'm on my second raingearcover, this one I bought new. It's the Trail cover. The first one was used that my wife got from Ebay and that was 12 years ago. It covers my Jeep from March till November. My main concern is the neighborhood cats and does really good to keep the rain out too. No water what so ever.
The material is more canvas like and is water repellent. A little more bulky than the one above, but can be rolled up to the size of a small sleeping bag.

Reactions: cliffish
The one on the quadratec site shows this cover as having a "slot" for the door mirrors, I don't think the other brands have this, I was going to get a Bestop and have a upholstery shop make me a cutout for windows, I may get this now.

Reactions: Tldelaney