Craigslist buyer: How would you deal with this?

I drive through Fred quite often as I work in JC... been doing that for 23 years now!
I’m sure you like the new’ish HWY 16, now that it’s done. I’m heading through JC today on my way to Aus to get my rig regeared and rear locker. If you ever want to wheel around here, we often go to HFalls. Sometimes Wolf Caves. Love to have you. We won’t be here much longer though. Moving to WA state, been here 15 years. Tired of wine and tourists and this town. Not that that’s the reason we’re leaving.

Reactions: Jonas
I got a local inquiry for my Dana 35 with 3.73 gears. I know there are CL scams, this doesn't follow any of them I've seen. There are some grammatical errors which gives me caution. Seems a little haphazard to offer to send a check without seeing the item firsthand. Would you do this? I thought of using my work address, that way they don't have my home address.

Any advice woudl be helpful. Here's what the prospective buyer said,

"Sorry for the late respond. I'm interested in buying the item and i will be paying by via check. Will be adding extra $50 so you can keep it in my favor,once the check clears the pick up will be made. send your full name, address, and your phone number ,where check can be mailed to. Thank you"
BLOCK THIS SCAMMER!!!

Reactions: JMT
And is it only me but has the Craigslist/Snapchat society completely destroyed the ART of buying?
Initials responses I get:
"What's you're bottom dollar"
"I can only give $__" (usually about 1/2 what I'm asking)

No initial asking about the item or condition. No actual phone conversation.
You nailed it. “It’s for my son and he can only pay half yr asking price.” The son Evidently doesn’t type.

FWIW, I sold the Dana 35 for $200 and recouped a bit from the Dana 44

Reactions: lowranger