Craigslist cracks me up sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook_62

"The Exception"
Supporting Member
So here is an individual that just throws a soft top and hardware out in the yard and takes a picture, post here:
https://allentown.craigslist.org/pts/d/durham-jeep-wrangler-tj-used-black/6872808840.html

I must say I had to laugh when I saw this conglomeration of junk, can't tell if anything is in useable shape, LMAO.

$100 [emoji38] clearly a deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least he says it’s for a TJ. A lot of those idiots don’t put basic info in their ads, like advertising a pair of boots but not giving the size. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
On the other hand my listings have good photos, descriptions, map dots close to where its located, zip code, town, price.
I'm 75 miles south of Chicago and yet the majority of inquiries end up: "Wow thats too far to drive"
Really? You low IQ P.O.S cant even map the zip before you call?
Is it a City-idiot thing? The majority are iMessaging on an Apple product. It does have a map app, consider trying that.
Honestly it takes longer to drive 15 miles in the city than it takes to head south out in the country.

I think I bought my Jeep from that guy! It was filthy, needed a tune up, had more than 1 project half done. Bought for like $3k under book. No idea why people don't clean it up & finish things before they sell it.

No idea why people don't clean it up & finish things before they sell it.

I never understood that either. I see a lot of vehicles on craigslist with empty bottles on the floor, cords coming from out of the dash, personal belongings all over the seat. I quickly close the ad when I see something like that.

I think I bought my Jeep from that guy! It was filthy, needed a tune up, had more than 1 project half done. Bought for like $3k under book. No idea why people don't clean it up & finish things before they sell it.
I agree.. I test drove a tj the other day.. I could see the possibilities of it but was filthy, moldy, brake dust on wheels, and 1/2 “ of dirt in floor boards with 31” street tires, sure it wasn’t from off roading..

• Haha
Reactions: Airjunky
On the other hand my listings have good photos, descriptions, map dots close to where its located, zip code, town, price.
I'm 75 miles south of Chicago and yet the majority of inquiries end up: "Wow thats too far to drive"
Really? You low IQ P.O.S cant even map the zip before you call?
Is it a City-idiot thing? The majority are iMessaging on an Apple product. It does have a map app, consider trying that.
Honestly it takes longer to drive 15 miles in the city than it takes to head south out in the country.
The town I live in is about 75 miles or so from Phoenix. Phoenix area is about 6-7 million people. I get sooooo many inquiries about my stuff for sale, and then they ask where I’m located. And the same thing happens where they complain about how it’s too far and if I’ll come down there and drop it off. My ad title even says SEDONA in all caps, yet somehow it’s still overlooked. Stupid stupid people.

The town I live in is about 75 miles or so from Phoenix. Phoenix area is about 6-7 million people. I get sooooo many inquiries about my stuff for sale, and then they ask where I’m located. And the same thing happens where they complain about how it’s too far and if I’ll come down there and drop it off. My ad title even says SEDONA in all caps, yet somehow it’s still overlooked. Stupid stupid people.
I'd go so far to say that I'm better off that they don't come out.
Maybe preface the ad with: "Three digit I.Q needed to purchase"

• Haha
Reactions: Jamison C
I agree.. I test drove a tj the other day.. I could see the possibilities of it but was filthy, moldy, brake dust on wheels, and 1/2 “ of dirt in floor boards with 31” street tires, sure it wasn’t from off roading..

But to tell you Honestly, I would almost see something like that. Then you truly get to see how it was maintained and cared for and then your not looking at a polished up turd that has been abused it's whole life and then decided it wasn't wanted anymore so probably a first wash it has ever had,vacuuming,tire shine and some spray paint touch-up or undercoat cover up to make it look like a nice and taken care of vehicle. Besides that's a lot of bargaining power when their asking one price and your able to show them the same thing advertised for the same amount or less looking better than what their selling. That is as long as your able or willing to look and see thru the stuff that immediately makes it look like shit. Do you realize how many good looking examples for sale looked that same way before a $10 trip thru the car wash and $5 worth of shiny stuff before those pics were taken?

You can take a $2500 turd and let someone give it a $100 detail and then ask $4500 for it and take the first $3500 offer or whatever you accept. Pocket $900 at a $1000 off asking the person buying it got them a deal. Quick flip, exactly like every car dealer out there.

Give me the rattling,squeaky dirty turd that I can see what I am actually buying before the freshly cleaned up new car scent sprayed all in, every worn part greased,lubed so there nice and quiet, rust painted/undercoated over to look pretty so that once the lube,grease flings out dries up and rust pops back thru and true scent of vehicle rears its head back up usually within the 1st month after you bought it any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.