CrawlTek highlines

It’s more about form over function for a lot of the guys around here, flares are great at keeping mud and rocks down but as soon as you get into the trails where clearance matters you realize exactly why the more hardcore guys don’t have flares, so maybe it doesn’t look as good but if it gets him to and from his destination and keeps clearance better on trail then it’s perfect imho. I am probably going to dabble on a few ways to do this when I move to aluminum fenders.

Reactions: The4bangertj
It’s more about form over function for a lot of the guys around here, flares are great at keeping mud and rocks down but as soon as you get into the trails where clearance matters you realize exactly why the more hardcore guys don’t have flares, so maybe it doesn’t look as good but if it gets him to and from his destination and keeps clearance better on trail then it’s perfect imho. I am probably going to dabble on a few ways to do this when I move to aluminum fenders.

I guess it is lucky for me that that arrangement would not meet coverage requirements in the UK, so it is irrelevant and I don't need to have the internal debate 😂. But generally, I am not sure how that could be considered to provide coverage of the tyre as it doesn't really 'cover' anything. Yes it prevents something being flicked backwards, but surely coverage means something like 'the extent to which something is covered'. But, as you say, if it is considered compliant by the relevant authorities then I guess that is the key thing for some.

Reactions: Blake Stamper
Made some progress with the fenders and have a few questions for those more knowledgeable. The battery tray is no where near as big as it needs to be; only about half of the battery sits on it. You guys extending that bracket out? Is there a smaller battery that will work better? Along with any ideas for securing the battery down would be great. Also where are you mounting the vacuum box that was under the battery tray previously?

Some tips that I can pass on to those installing these. I have the harness for the factory rear wiper washer coming through the tub into the engine bay. I had to notch the fender mount on my passenger side to get everything to line up properly. Also had to grind a ridge of the tub line in the engine bay for that same bracket to work.

A8D26387-8027-48CF-B5CB-8A86D173D1EC.jpeg

8F03B618-02E4-45B9-9520-CACEDA1F3971.jpeg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I have an 05 so it might be different, but I bolted the OEM battery tray to the top of the crawltek mount. IIRC, I had to trim about an inch or so off one side to fit against the fender. I use the OEM tie down.

Reactions: SilverBullet
I used angle iron to make the footprint (welded to that bracket) and all thread + wing nuts and a c-channel to make a tie down. It's tucked pretty close to the PCM.

Reactions: SilverBullet
I used angle iron to make the footprint (welded to that bracket) and all thread + wing nuts and a c-channel to make a tie down. It's tucked pretty close to the PCM.

I’ve gone through your build thread a few times now and like the way you mounted the battery and fuse box and such. I seen early on you may have extended the battery terminals, mine are so short idk if I can’t mount where you did. Also did you just spin/rotate the ac line? Mine protrudes through the inner fender right now. Wasn’t sure if I could just rotate it up. What windshield washer bottle did you go with?

2ED05844-A357-4990-BBE5-13D0FED7A909.jpeg

C925BAF5-C235-4223-A4FC-56FCC4EDBC22.jpeg

I’ve gone through your build thread a few times now and like the way you mounted the battery and fuse box and such. I seen early on you may have extended the battery terminals, mine are so short idk if I can’t mount where you did. Also did you just spin/rotate the ac line? Mine protrudes through the inner fender right now. Wasn’t sure if I could just rotate it up. What windshield washer bottle did you go with?

View attachment 389159

View attachment 389160

I'll try to remember to grab a picture tomorrow, but yes - I just gently rotated/bent them up and out of the way.

I won’t know what I don’t know until I install mine but I do know that sometimes threads provide useful info that I may not have thought to ask for.

DSC01548.JPG

DSC01549.JPG

DSC01551.JPG

DSC01553.JPG

DSC01554.JPG

DSC01555.JPG

DSC01557.JPG

Forgot to mention that the last pic show we drill a hole and add the OEM washer pump to the aftermarket reservoir so we don't have to change the harness connector.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, looks very clean fro everything you have going on in there.

What is that in the center port of your ARB?

Not obvious but as we are relooming the harness due to the typical disintegration we see in the 05-06's, we are correcting the length of the branches that split out of the main that go to each appliance. Also why you see it in place with clamps on it so we can route it how we want and then run the loom after everything is cut, spliced, and placed. This is what is left of the OEM loom from the firewall back to the end of the t-case.

1688308890657.png

Not obvious but as we are relooming the harness due to the typical disintegration we see in the 05-06's, we are correcting the length of the branches that split out of the main that go to each appliance. Also why you see it in place with clamps on it so we can route it how we want and then run the loom after everything is cut, spliced, and placed. This is what is left of the OEM loom from the firewall back to the end of the t-case.

View attachment 437330

I greatly appreciate you doing this.

What size loom did you go with on the main harness? I need to replace what’s left of my failing loom.

View attachment 437199

View attachment 437200

View attachment 437201

View attachment 437202

View attachment 437203

View attachment 437204

View attachment 437205

Forgot to mention that the last pic show we drill a hole and add the OEM washer pump to the aftermarket reservoir so we don't have to change the harness connector.

Don't forget to tighten up that steel brake line to the master. You will also need to bleed the brakes please see the how to section on this forum 😁

• Haha
Reactions: psrivats
Don't forget to tighten up that steel brake line to the master. You will also need to bleed the brakes please see the how to section on this forum 😁

Mock up master to make sure we could sneak the feed line 90 degree fitting from the steering reservoir over the top of it without interference. When the fender comes back off to go to powder coat, we'll build the brake line that runs down the firewall then. Thanks for checking on me though. If you have a link to the how to section, that would be most helpful.