Criticism

I bought my first Jeep 2 months ago. I have been building this Jeep night and day. Not to mention the 1945 M100 trailer that matches perfectly. I have been watching and commenting on these forums about equipment that I am using or thinking about using. I have been met with an unfair amount of criticism. Like I said I just bought a jeep, but my expertise is in custom Hot Rods and Rat Rods. As a matter of fact its how I live so well. Sunday will be the debut car show for my Jeep. I was Invited by several members of the community that own high dollar customs and enjoy showing them at different events. I will also be showing the rat rod that I built for my 9 month old son.
Its something in my blood. The smell of gasoline. The shine of fresh paint. The thumbs up from someone that appreciates your work that assures me that certain people on this forum are not always right. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Sent from my NX16A11264 using Tapatalk

I bought my first Jeep 2 months ago. I have been building this Jeep night and day. Not to mention the 1945 M100 trailer that matches perfectly. I have been watching and commenting on these forums about equipment that I am using or thinking about using. I have been met with an unfair amount of criticism. Like I said I just bought a jeep, but my expertise is in custom Hot Rods and Rat Rods. As a matter of fact its how I live so well. Sunday will be the debut car show for my Jeep. I was Invited by several members of the community that own high dollar customs and enjoy showing them at different events. I will also be showing the rat rod that I built for my 9 month old son.
Its something in my blood. The smell of gasoline. The shine of fresh paint. The thumbs up from someone that appreciates your work that assures me that certain people on this forum are not always right. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

aafbf04688b5abff2511ba58622d1251.jpg
eab4b45ab3fc13131568b07a093dbcd6.jpg
9163ba462c8266825656d7557dae268f.jpg

I don't see what there is to criticize. Looks great to me.

I'm kinda surprised that anybody here would seriously say anything negative about it.
But hey, It' yours. If somebody doesn't like what you've done, who gives a ****?

I just quit a forum that I was a paid member of for 8 years. It's a forum that covers a Chevy muscle car that was produced for several generations, I LOVE one of the less popular models.
That forum has become populated by a bunch of fat old men that think they are the football team while everybody else is the chess club.
What was a good natured rivalry between models has become an e-battle and I'm not interested in it.
In other words, They aren't real "car guys". They can suck it. I'm out.

I'd guess if your background is in Rods (me too), you've come across turds like that before.

Here, I haven't seen that type of ****. I took a lifted 99 trail TJ and returned it to stock form. BLASPHEMY on some forums. I've had a couple of good natured jabs about it, but I didn't take it as real criticism. To me it was more like dudes just being dudes. If my younger brother doesn't insult me in every other statement he makes, that means he's mad at me and vice versa.

Possible you misinterpreted a statement? Or maybe the statement(s) was tongue in cheek or came off more harsh than intended?

Anyway, I like it. **** 'em if they don't.

Last edited:
It's the internet man. Laugh at the keyboard warriors and then go back to your awesome builds and keep smashing real poon in real life unlike losers on the Internet! Lol.

Great work man. Looks like a lot of attention to detail.

If your looking for validation of your work. Get it from real life, not the Internet which is full of dreamers and "experts" which become an "expert" on a new subject after a 2 minute thought process.

Chive on broHeem

I'm new to this forum as well. My Jeep was greeted with mixed reviews as well. There are some strong opinions here for sure and some of the guys here seem to have forgotten the fact that a Jeep is a multi purpose rig, and people buy them for different reasons. Hang in there, there is a lot of good info here and most of the guys are pretty willing to help. These guys will grow on you eventually [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.
In most cases, guys that like Jeeps just like Jeeps. There are a few rabid loonies that seem to think that because a car company produced something other than what they like it's some sort of personal insult.
To me, that's a little weird.

But on this forum I think most of the jabs are just for fun and not meant as real criticism.

There are other jeep forums that seriously suffer from a sick form of group think though. Anybody that really thinks that they have to build their Jeep a certain way because some avatar you never met types out the "rules" needs some therapy.

After all, the guys giving unsolicited advice and criticism are probably really a pale 14 year old, acne covered kid that never leaves his mom's basement.

Last edited:
What have you been criticized for? I'd love to see an example post that you think is unfair criticism.

Everyone has opinions, this is the Internet after all. Whether you choose to let those opinions get to use is purely dependent on how thick (or thin) of skin you have.

For instance, if I post a photo of my Jeep and someone says, "Wow, that's a nice TJ! I'm not a fan of that Rough Country lift, but other than that, it's awesome!", I don't take that personally, nor would that offend me the least bit.

Now on the other hand, if they said, "Nice looking TJ, but you're a dumbass for installing a Rough Country lift!", then you need to report that post to me, and if they have a history of being an asshole, I'll ban them, otherwise if it was a one time thing, I'll warn them and ask them to be more friendly.

I don't think anyone on here can point to one person who has been a complete dick, 100% of the time. I think everyone on here is very nice and friendly.

I pride this forum on the fact that it's different than the others, and we seem to have a great bunch of guys here who are both very knowledgeable, and very friendly.

So again, if you could please link to an example of what you consider to be unfair criticism, I'd actually really be interested to see it. My guess is that you may have just taken it the wrong way. A lot of us joke around, and sometimes it's hard to read that through a computer.

I don't see what there is to criticize. Looks great to me.

I'm kinda surprised that anybody here would seriously say anything negative about it.
But hey, It' yours. If somebody doesn't like what you've done, who gives a ****?

I just quit a forum that I was a paid member of for 8 years. It's a forum that covers a Chevy muscle car that was produced for several generations, I LOVE one of the less popular models.
That forum has become populated by a bunch of fat old men that think they are the football team while everybody else is the chess club.
What was a good natured rivalry between models has become an e-battle and I'm not interested in it.
In other words, They aren't real "car guys". They can suck it. I'm out.

I'd guess if your background is in Rods (me too), you've come across turds like that before.

Here, I haven't seen that type of ****. I took a lifted 99 trail TJ and returned it to stock form. BLASPHEMY on some forums. I've had a couple of good natured jabs about it, but I didn't take it as real criticism. To me it was more like dudes just being dudes. If my brother doesn't insult me in every other statement he makes, that means he's mad at me and vice versa.

Possible you misinterpreted a statement? Or maybe the statement(s) was tongue in cheek or came off more harsh than intended?

Anyway, I like it. **** 'em if they don't.

Pretty much my thoughts on this too.

Reactions: Umbra and Chris
Dude that rat tod wagon is sick. I have been in both hot rods and jeeps for a very long time i build what i want how i want . It is the internet you will always have peoole that dont like something you do. The jeep and trailor are nice wish i had that trailor

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Agreed.
In most cases, guys that like Jeeps just like Jeeps. There are a few rabid loonies that seem to think that because a car company produced something other than what they like is some sort of personal insult.
To me, that's a little weird.

But on this forum I think most of the jabs are just for fun and not meant as real criticism.

There are other jeep forums that seriously suffer from a sick form of group think though. Anybody that really thinks that they have to build their Jeep a certain way because some avatar you never met types out the "rules" needs some therapy.

After all, the guys giving unsolicited advice and criticism are probably really a pale 14 year old, acne covered kid that never leaves his mom's basement.
Ive heard your name brought up before. In reference to a angry grill? I guess you can say it's all in good fun, but a person is allowed to like things that others may not, right?
I joined this forum to learn. Not to measure dicks. Thanks for the encouraging words. BTW car show went great!

Reactions: Umbra and Chris
Glad to hear your car show went good!

As mentioned earlier, there's a line between someone not liking something and voicing their opinion, and someone just being a straight up asshole. If it so happens that someone is doing the latter of those two, please let me know.

Alternatively, if you visit the forum natively (through a mobile browser), and not through Tapatalk, you can click on "Ignore", and you'll never see posts or comments from that person again. Just a helpful reminder!

Reactions: Overlandtjm100
Ive heard your name brought up before. In reference to a angry grill? I guess you can say it's all in good fun, but a person is allowed to like things that others may not, right?
I joined this forum to learn. Not to measure dicks. Thanks for the encouraging words. BTW car show went great!

I have a Wrangler that tries to kill me a lot. His grill probably is angry. The rest of him seems to be.

And yes. Do what you want and let the critics eat poo and ketchup sammiches.

Dude that rat tod wagon is sick. I have been in both hot rods and jeeps for a very long time i build what i want how i want . It is the internet you will always have peoole that dont like something you do. The jeep and trailor are nice wish i had that trailor

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I built the wagon in 30 days with roadside junk. I've got a total of 18$ into it. The Jeep and trailer I've had for 2 months, working on it night and day. Total of 10,500$ Here is a current pic. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

I agree on the rat rod wagon, awesome![/QUOT

bbd55a28dea5f1e83edb72cac4463170.jpg
b255b74c106aab5a3b9db8d727a21bb5.jpg
761996c2aca324e2d9049f348ca20ecf.jpg

The Jeep and Trailer just seem to perfectly complement each other. They are looking like they are no nonsense, down to business.. kinda "Wraith" looking. And the rat rod has that 50's streeter look that I remember so well. You have that knack of making everything to "Fit" each other. I am fairly impressed as I can barely use a screwdriver.

It is a good forum and full of helpful advice. I drive one of you know "JK'S" and might take some ribbing but that is okay, I took some ribbing on my tires "sort of pizza slicers" and then his next comment was they are round and they roll it is all good, stick around and share your experience. By the way nice rig and trailer, like the hidden ice chest!!!!