Cruise control not working

First thing I would do is check the vacuum lines going to the cruise control unit under the hood. If they look fine, I would suspect the unit itself under the hood is bad. Either that or the clockspring.

Reactions: Upstater
I'm not sure if there is a fuse, but if there was, the cruise light on the dash most likely wouldn't illuminate.

I tried searching the forum and didn't get much. Did a Google and it showed many forum replies. Thanks. I'll check

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
This is vaguely thread hijacky but... I didn't think TJs HAD cruise control. Mine doesn't unless it's magic. Was it an option on the rubis I guess?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

This is vaguely thread hijacky but... I didn't think TJs HAD cruise control. Mine doesn't unless it's magic. Was it an option on the rubis I guess?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

They do have it. Well, some do... It was an option.

I tried searching the forum and didn't get much. Did a Google and it showed many forum replies. Thanks. I'll check

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Check the fuse first (though I doubt that's it). My guess is a bad vacuum line or a bad cruise control unit under the hood. It could be the clock spring, but when those go bad, usually you get blinkers and a horn that doesn't work along with it (test them out and make sure they still work).

x2 on the vac lines. I had a simular issue after changeing the battery. When it was installed thye broke the vac line where it passes between the battery and firewall.

Check the fuse first (though I doubt that's it). My guess is a bad vacuum line or a bad cruise control unit under the hood. It could be the clock spring, but when those go bad, usually you get blinkers and a horn that doesn't work along with it (test them out and make sure they still work).
Chris,
I finally had exhausted everything I knew to check with regards to this cruise control not getting power to the servo. Took it to a local place called Jeep Medic, in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Patrick, the young NEW owner of Jeep Medic started working immediately and after about 30 minutes of testing a few things, found the connector wire leading from ECM, had ONE wire that was broken. He correctly soldered and used heat shrink on the repair, plugged it back in and WALLAH!!!! I now have Cruise Control!!! Cost me $150.00 for the repair, and worth every penny!

Last edited:
Reactions: dudehitt
Chris,
I finally had exhausted everything I knew to check with regards to this cruise control not getting power to the servo. Took it to a local place called Jeep Medic, in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Patrick, the young NEW owner of Jeep Medic started working immediately and after about 30 minutes of testing a few things, found the connector wire leading from ECM, had ONE wire that was broken. He correctly soldered and used heat shrink on the repair, plugged it back in and WALLAH!!!! I now have Cruise Control!!! Cost me $150.00 for the repair, and worth every penny!

There you go! That's something most of us would have never even thought to look at.

Thanks for the update!

Chris,
This may be my issue, replaced the servo, did smoke test vac lines are good, light comes on but will not set and all wires from servo to ecm are good. Was the repair made inside the cab?