Cruise Control Wiring Diagram Help

I'm still not convinced that you don't already have some of the wiring already. Just because you don't have the pigtail, doesn't mean some of it isn't already there.

From first page of this thread, look at the orange line I have highlighted on the left of the wiring diagram. That is the series of wires that runs from the clockspring (connector C2) to the PCM (V37 20 RD/LG) through connector C108.

1619183891869.png

For the run from the Clockspring to connector C108 - V37 is like the line code, "20" is the gauge of wire, "RD/LG" means its a Red and Light Green wire. C108 is a Blue connector down by where your left ankle/shin is located when driving, plugged into a gray box. The little "D10" by C108 on the diagram indicates that it is using pin location #10. Here is the pin out diagram.

1619182525768.png

Locate pin location #10, and see if there is a RD/LG wire there, and then check the other side of the connector (that would be the run from C108 to the PCM). I've found it's easy to locate one of the corners first to get my orientation down (so, find the Yellow wire with Red stripe, and that's D1, then go from there). If it's there on the backside of the connector, then it's likely already ran all the way to the PCM.

Do the same thing for the BR/YL (Brown with Yellow stripe) wire for line K167 20 BR/YL.

I'm still not convinced that you don't already have some of the wiring already. Just because you don't have the pigtail, doesn't mean some of it isn't already there.

From first page of this thread, look at the orange line I have highlighted on the left of the wiring diagram. That is the series of wires that runs from the clockspring (connector C2) to the PCM (V37 20 RD/LG) through connector C108.

View attachment 246067

For the run from the Clockspring to connector C108 - V37 is like the line code, "20" is the gauge of wire, "RD/LG" means its a Red and Light Green wire. C108 is a Blue connector down by where your left ankle/shin is located when driving, plugged into a gray box. The little "D10" by C108 on the diagram indicates that it is using pin location #10. Here is the pin out diagram.

View attachment 246055

Locate pin location #10, and see if there is a RD/LG wire there, and then check the other side of the connector (that would be the run from C108 to the PCM). I've found it's easy to locate one of the corners first to get my orientation down (so, find the Yellow wire with Red stripe, and that's D1, then go from there). If it's there on the backside of the connector, then it's likely already ran all the way to the PCM.

Do the same thing for the BR/YL (Brown with Yellow stripe) wire for line K167 20 BR/YL.
The only thing he will have is the battery temp wiring.he will have to run the 4 new pins to the grey pcm plug

The only thing he will have is the battery temp wiring.he will have to run the 4 new pins to the grey pcm plug
Not trying to sound like a jerk here, really just curious, but how can you be so sure that's all he'll have? I've found that these are all a mixed bag of what came out of the factory.

Not trying to sound like a jerk here, really just curious, but how can you be so sure that's all he'll have? I've found that these are all a mixed bag of what came out of the factory.
I thought he had an older tj,as soon as he get his parts we just need to see what all he gets, I can take pics of the wires I

It looks like the not needed wires were cut like when I look at the pcm connector there is 4 wires that remain ( I assume the cruise control ones)

Not sure if you read up on setting the clock spring but assume it is not centered and center it yourself so there is no surprises. Just go easy on it and rotate one way until you get slight resistance and count the turns back the other way until slight resistance then back half that number of turns to center. If the wheels and steering wheel are centered when removed it will be good to go.

Double check the switches are correct for your year as well. I speak from experience when I say not everyone knows what they have or are selling the correct parts every time. I have a set from newer year TJ that are the wrong resistance for mine from the first guy I dealt with. The part number and suffix letters on the back of the switches will tell you what year TJ they work for. They have resistors in them that change to the can bus voltage to set the cruise, the wrong resistors gets no results. Being as the clock spring plug wire for the speed control switch signal should be RD/LG and not RD/WT I am thinking that came out of a different year than a 98. I believe yours is a 98?

It doesn't hurt to check the pin outs on the PCM for the wiring there was a least one other person that I have run across that could not find the vacuum servo plug but the wiring and pins were in the PCM plug. We opened the wiring harness by the PCM and tapped into the wires right there. I have heard of a few guys removing or selling their cruise setups and suspect that was the case with his Jeep and the plug went with the servo.

Make sure you disconnect the battery and give it 5 minutes before getting into the airbag to avoid a nasty surprise with that as well.

The wiring is nice to have but your probably not going to need it other than the plug/pig tail for the vacuum solenoid and reference or to rob the pins and wires from the PCM plug for the cruise. Based on what's there you are correct they cut everything else and left the cruise wires intact. The clock spring plug they cut the horn wire and left the cruise switch and sensor return. The brake light switch plug they left the speed control on/ off, the speed control brake switch output and cut the rest again. I assume that the wires left intact on the PCM plug are the three for the cruise C4, C5 and C32.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tycarver
I’m probably gonna try and get this all put in to the Jeep in parts.I’ll start working on it tomorrow I’m thinking I’ll take apart the pcm plug they gave me and grab out the connectors and wires I need and mount the servo and run the vacuum line.

Your original plug will have to have 4 holes drilled to install the wires,if your not careful and unplug it completely from the pcm and then remove the black cover you will have to replace the plug,

Your original plug will have to have 4 holes drilled to install the wires,if your not careful and unplug it completely from the pcm and then remove the black cover you will have to replace the plug,
I’m not gonna mess with my pcm yet. Just gonna look at the plug that I had sent to try to understand it better

Been a bit ( got busy with work and other projects.) I took apart the pcm plug I got from the kit and found the 4 not cut cables for the cruise control I just wanted to post them here and see if they were right before I drilled the whole into my pcm ( the other option is sotter every wire in the pcm to this new connector and that sounds more troublesome)

7E6FBAE4-AA1D-49CD-B69D-E77E20BB3BCD.jpeg