Curious: Are there any "mandatory" or "no-brainer" mods for the TJ?

CybrSlydr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Just curious what the most typical mod is - I would assume a lift and bigger tires is one of them?

What about part wise? Is there anything on the factory model that most folks find lacking? Say... a new head unit for the stereo or?...

Thanks. :)

Just curious what the most typical mod is - I would assume a lift and bigger tires is one of them?

What about part wise? Is there anything on the factory model that most folks find lacking? Say... a new head unit for the stereo or?...

Thanks. :)
Going from bone stock? Probably tires.

The only advice that I can offer on mods is: Build your TJ for how YOU are going to use it and YOUR conditions. It's super easy to get carried away and spend a lot of time and money on a TJ, only to ruin it for your purposes. Only address actual issues that you run across in your use by modifying it.

...The only advice that I can offer on mods is: Build your TJ for how YOU are going to use it and YOUR conditions. It's super easy to get carried away and spend a lot of time and money on a TJ, only to ruin it for your purposes. Only address actual issues that you run across in your use by modifying it.

X2

Last edited:
It's not a mod, but it's very important.

Run through a complete maintenance. Change the all the fluids. Check the brakes and repair, adjust and replace as required. Do a complete tuneup with quality parts. Do the cooling system. Undo and / or fix any off the wall mods that the previous owner did. It's the difference between driving an unreliable peice of crap and driving a stone cold reliable TJ.

What are the "milk jugs"?

Pic without the jugs up front

20170930_163324.jpg