Currie Antirock for $364

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a some JKS disco's but haven't installed them yet...i've always been curious if I should be getting the AR instead. I've always been unsure if its compatible in the 0"-2" category...someone once told me I would have to buy shorter end links.

I just bought a some JKS disco's but haven't installed them yet...i've always been curious if I should be getting the AR instead. I've always been unsure if its compatible in the 0"-2" category...someone once told me I would have to buy shorter end links.

I bought shorter links (~2.25” lift), since I plan to someday do 4”. But you could cut down the links that come with it and make it work.

Reactions: EJD
My Antirock was installed when the Jeep had about 2" of lift. I just cut the links shorter.

Reactions: EJD and rasband
My Antirock was installed when the Jeep had about 2" of lift. I just cut the links shorter.
Would there enough threaded link left if say I only have 1" of lift?

I ordered jks quick disconnects and I never installed them. Returned them and went with the AR from the start. I’m on a 2” lift and the links just need to be trimmed. Works perfectly.

Would there enough threaded link left if say I only have 1" of lift?

It will depend a bit on the bump stop extension and a body lift. On mine with a 1" body lift, 1.5" bump stop extension and the supplied links cut as short as possible, the AR arms just barely cleared the inner fender sheet metal at full bump/full flex.

Reactions: EJD
Damn you @Chris that's another $380 out of my pocket!! But I know the ultimate performance will be worth it!

Definitely worth it, especially never having to get out of the vehicle and disconnect / reconnect!

is there any benefit to staying connected off road?
i really been on the fence about this item. i don't mind disco's and the OE bar works if i need 1.
is there any reason to stay tied off road?

is there any benefit to staying connected off road?
i really been on the fence about this item. i don't mind disco's and the OE bar works if i need 1.
is there any reason to stay tied off road?

That depends on the sway bar and whether or not a connected softer rate sway bar would be meaningful while off road.

i kicked this around until yesterday, and finally ordered it.

and i'll be damned, it's already here today.

78260273_463132184337981_4730907344127393792_n.jpg

You’ll enjoy it! Looks like they added some new boxing as well!
i'm gonna have to rework my front bumper some. currently i can only see about 1/3 of the tube i need to mount this sucker.

Reactions: Chris
I had to replace my bumper to install mine. Ended up costing a bit more than I had planned :)

i'm kinda diggin the Savvy aluminum front bumper.
so b4 i cut into mine, i need to peel it off and see what the weight diff would be. if it's significant then it may be worth it, considering the weight of the winch i also plan to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.