Currie Antirock vs Disconnects: Why settle for one when you can have both

Granted, our examples are extremes. Most of the time, you are flexing to the max like that, but it's good to know your setup won't tear shit up.

Reactions: psrivats
When I had access to a fork lift I did a few things to study how the front and rear moved together to help figure out how to better tune the Antirock. I don't have pics, but using a fork on one wheel and blocking up the opposite corner on a pallet jack allowed me to find an AR setting where the opposite corners would reach bump at about the same time. Basically, I was replicating this leveled teetering position with some control and repeatability.

How much flex is there now with the stock bar? The additional amount that the FC would provide should be about equal to the amount of its spring travel from neutral.

The tuning springs shouldn't change this unless their solid heights are different between each other.

Is what's in this video anywhere close to the reality? Watch it all the way through. They do a "flex test".

Is what's in this video anywhere close to the reality? Watch it all the way through. They do a "flex test".

The concepts seem right. Though the accuracy of the measurements from their flex test on an uneven surface are questionable.

The video says there is 2.3"of travel in the link. This should mean about 1.15" either direction. There would be some trigonometry involved to explain why the wheel travel would exceed that amount.

Near the end, there is mention of high, medium and low travels from the tuning springs. I noticed that the wire diameters look different, which (assuming the free lengths are the same) suggests that the solid heights of the coils are different. This should explain why there are differences in travel. Each tuning spring has a different travel along with a different rate, meaning that the short travel high rate coil is the least different from stock. The longer travel low rate coil is going to be the most different than stock.

That is how I am interpreting what I see.

Reactions: psrivats
The concepts seem right. Though the accuracy of the measurements from their flex test on an uneven surface are questionable.

The video says there is 2.3"of travel in the link. This should mean about 1.15" either direction. There would be some trigonometry involved to explain why the wheel travel would exceed that amount.

Near the end, there is mention of high, medium and low travels from the tuning springs. I noticed that the wire diameters look different, which (assuming the free lengths are the same) suggests that the solid heights of the coils are different. This should explain why there are differences in travel. Each tuning spring has a different travel along with a different rate, meaning that the short travel high rate coil is the least different from stock. The longer travel low rate coil is going to be the most different than stock.

That is how I am interpreting what I see.
I haven't watched any of the videos nor have I read the whole thread except for a couple of responses later and the first page or so. You asked if you were out there regarding something, summarize that for me. I'm gathering that we are talking about a flexible link on the swaybar to aid in something?

Are we talking about something like the Walker Evans' Swaybar Links that have been around for quite awhile?

I haven't watched any of the videos nor have I read the whole thread except for a couple of responses later and the first page or so. You asked if you were out there regarding something, summarize that for me. I'm gathering that we are talking about a flexible link on the swaybar to aid in something?

Are we talking about something like the Walker Evans' Swaybar Links that have been around for quite awhile?

Correct. The Flex Connect is a spring loaded link similar to the Walker Evans damper. Fletcher mentioned the FC a couple years ago.

The idea is that the variable length, spring loaded (and tunable) link reduces the spring rate of an existing sway bar assembly for the duration of the link's travel. This would create an initial short soft section before transitioning into the higher rate of the main sway bar.

While this is intended for a stock front sway bar, why couldn't this also be used with a tunable sway bar like the Antirock? Soft to start, stiffer further into the travel, and tunable on both ends of the spectrum.

My suspicion is that something similar is better accomplished with shocks.

I have my doubts as to the real world effects when added to an AR. Especially when considering the price tag. But the thought experiment is intriguing to me.