Currie arms aren't long enough to work with Savvy tummy tuck

Great question. Shop owner is saying that the arms aren't long enough. He is going to talk over the set up with 'Brian and John'. I think it goes back to needing to shorten the lower arms.
Have him send you a pic with the springs pulled, shocks in, and fully articulated and full stuff. Those are the only two conditions that matter.

The Currie trackbar isn't even close to running into anything. I thought we went over this in the rear trackbar thread about the JKS stuff and why it doesn't work that well?

I must have missed that thread. This makes sense though as the track bar on my last khaki rig that was giving me all the interference with the gas tank skid was the JKS track bar.

Obviously everything Currie and Savvy is very well designed and thought out to work well together.

Great question. Shop owner is saying that the arms aren't long enough. He is going to talk over the set up with 'Brian and John'. I think it goes back to needing to shorten the lower arms.
FWIW with my set up (same except non rubi) and others that I know, the rear lowers had to be about as short as they could be.

I'd probably just pick the Jeep up and do it yourself if you feel comfortable. Shops really don't like to deal with things they don't understand and there are very few shops that understand how to setup a Jeep past throwing a 4 inch lift on and dropping the T-case. Hell, even my shop which builds SEMA trucks, LS JK's, and Hemi TJ's set my rear pinion 10 degrees low.

There are very few shops that will take the time to set everything up correctly. Cycling suspension just isn't something they will put on the to do list. Just bolt shit up and if it looks good it goes out the door.

Update: First, let me remind everyone that this is my first experience doing this and I had no real mechanical experience. Point is that I have learned most of what I know from you guys, youtube, etc. I went to the shop this afternoon. We talked over everything going on with the Jeep. The rear end pinion is set. We are nervous because the upper control arms don't have a whole lot of thread in the arm. The lowers are nearly all the way in. My next step now is to remove the Savvy Crossmember to correct the TC contacting the tub. I am hoping that will remove the vibrations and the way the Jeep sounds. Since I did the Tummy tuck she has run loud. IF that solves that issue I will then adjust the front pinion. In the meantime, I will put the new bumpers on, wire up the fog lights, and finish other odds and ends. The shop does a good job. They are more than a bolt on shop.

Update: First, let me remind everyone that this is my first experience doing this and I had no real mechanical experience. Point is that I have learned most of what I know from you guys, youtube, etc. I went to the shop this afternoon. We talked over everything going on with the Jeep. The rear end pinion is set. We are nervous because the upper control arms don't have a whole lot of thread in the arm. The lowers are nearly all the way in. My next step now is to remove the Savvy Crossmember to correct the TC contacting the tub. I am hoping that will remove the vibrations and the way the Jeep sounds. Since I did the Tummy tuck she has run loud. IF that solves that issue I will then adjust the front pinion. In the meantime, I will put the new bumpers on, wire up the fog lights, and finish other odds and ends. The shop does a good job. They are more than a bolt on shop.
So in other words, you trust a shop that won't show you the pictures I requested or you don't believe they are important.

Setting the pinion angle is the very least of the problems that need to be solved.

Reactions: Chris
...I went to the shop this afternoon. We talked over everything going on with the Jeep. The rear end pinion is set. We are nervous because the upper control arms don't have a whole lot of thread in the arm. The lowers are nearly all the way in.

What did they say or show you about centering the wheel in the opening at full shock compression?

Say what you want about your shop. What you are having done isn't unusual. The problems they are having are almost certainly because they are not doing the setup correctly.

I unfortunately didn't see all the responses because I drove back from Annapolis with meetings on the way. I then had a bunch of hockey team drama to address. Once I do my work here I will address your advice with the shop.

You know he's only gonna get some awesome forklift pics.

This is like deja vu all over again 🤦‍♂️

I feel your pain Kevin, been here before with shops that don't know what they're doing. Like @Lou said, I only trust two people with my rig, and one of them is myself.

i been lookin for a small shop space just for this very reason....a million jeeps around and nobody that messes with um......but i don't wanna stay here.
the only other choice around me is DIY or 4WP

I've just come to the conclusion that 99.9% of "off-road" shops out there don't know what they are doing, don't take the time to cycle the suspension, and are generally clueless when it comes to doing anything more than installing a simple bolt-on lift.

the killing i could make just replacing rotten frame rails.

Kevin you got people cringing with your dilemma since most know it's not right, just from how you've described things. you have the attention of several people that know their shit so don't dismiss their advice.

the killing i could make just replacing rotten frame rails.

Kevin you got people cringing with your dilemma since most know it's not right, just from how you've described things. you have the attention of several people that know their shit so don't dismiss their advice.

I am in no way dismissing the advice. Unfortunately I didn't see the advice before going to the shop. I brought her home if that tells you anything. I've had a busy day and now I'm preparing to host a webinar tomorrow for a few thousand of my closest friends.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Here is how she sits currently. I know this doesn't tell the story of underneath but just a frame of reference for how far I've taken her.

IMG_3147[1].JPG