Currie arms aren't long enough to work with Savvy tummy tuck

Bonus...my youngest son got player of the week for his travel team. Kid played 3 games today with the first at 6am (4:30 wake up) and final ended at 6:45pm.

I remember the fun of youth hockey tournaments. Plenty of 4 AM mornings. Gets real nice once high school hits since they at least schedule the games later so your drunk and high friends can come scream from the stands :censored:

Ok folks...cycled the rear end. Here are the results:

Drivers side, full stuff.

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

Passenger side:

IMG_3186.JPG

Trac bar:

IMG_3194.JPG

IMG_3195.JPG

Reactions: JMT
I mean part of me wants to say move the axle forward to center the bumps more, but since you haven’t relocated the upper perches, I would think that if you did, that would put the bumps almost center.

Just get some longer UCA's and raise the pinion to be a degree or two off of the driveshaft. If you don't feel comfortable with how close the track bar is to the tank skid when the drivers side is stuffed, then shorten the LCA's a bit and go from there.

I mean part of me wants to say move the axle forward to center the bumps more, but since you haven’t relocated the upper perches, I would think that if you did, that would put the bumps almost center.
I would try it that way as well. If those lower arms will shorten up those few threads it would make a difference.

That tells part of the story, now you need to move the floor jack under a tire and let one side at a time go down with the other side all the way up and watch the back of the tire in the wheel opening.

Lower it onto a jack stand until the tire is off the ground high enough to get the jack under it on one side with the tire off on the other side. Put the jack under the tire and articulate it to see what the tire does in the opening.

That tells part of the story, now you need to move the floor jack under a tire and let one side at a time go down with the other side all the way up and watch the back of the tire in the wheel opening.

Lower it onto a jack stand until the tire is off the ground high enough to get the jack under it on one side with the tire off on the other side. Put the jack under the tire and articulate it to see what the tire does in the opening.

IMG_3198[1].JPG
IMG_3199[1].JPG

What’s the space behind the tire at bump look like (rear wall). Are you fully bumped out like that or do you need to take off the tire on the dropped side? Also you should put that jack under the actual tire. E-Brake on.

It looked fine behind the tire. Unfortunately I don't have jack stands high enough to get my jack under the tire.

Took measurements of my rear arms (same as yours), UCA is 11" and LCA is 13" Measured from the threaded shoulder to the center of fixed end bolt. Maybe that will help in your diagnosis.

ya a tire stuck to the ground while trying to flex is no good if your rig is supported from stands.

a piece of plywood on a creeper does pretty good..... gets 1 end nice and low and it'll move around with you some when you articulate the opposite side.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Nice. Question for others. If he had an unlimited would the reduced pinion angle possibly negate the need for longer upper arms?

Yeah i think it would have probably been ok with an unlimited. not nearly as steep of a pinion angle.

Reactions: gaabbee