Currie arms aren't long enough to work with Savvy tummy tuck

Kevin Q

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just got a call from my shop that was installing the driveshaft and adjusting the pinions. It seems that with the Currie lift and Savvy tummy tuck I don't have enough length on the arms to make the angles work. Now I will likely need to A) Replace the arms or B) Remove the Savvy Tummy Tuck and go back to the shovel. I am so frustrated with this thing. I was hoping that his call this morning was to come pick it up this afternoon.

Yeah your guy is doing something wrong. Plenty of people run that lift with a tummy tuck. have him shorten the lowers slightly instead of trying to only adjust the pinion angle at the uppers.... Not rocket science

They are doing something wrong, those arms work fine with the tummy tuck and Currie 4" lift.

Makes me question what they are doing, because like @Lou said, this isn't rocket science, it's actually quite easy.

Reactions: starkey480 and jjvw
My question is why does the forum keep changing my title?

I do this for SEO purposes. Don't take it personally, but certain things are better for search results than others. In this case, an accurate and descriptive forum title will be more likely to come up in search results for someone with a similar issue in the future.

That's one of the ways I've managed to make this forum so successful, is because I have a big background in search engine optimization (SEO).

Now back to the topic at hand:

Your arms will work with the Savvy tummy tuck, your shop just likely doesn't know what they are doing. If in doubt, go to your shop and post pictures. So many people run these arms and the Savvy tummy tuck, they are made to work together.

I do this for SEO purposes. Don't take it personally, but certain things are better for search results than others. In this case, an accurate and descriptive forum title will be more likely to come up in search results for someone with a similar issue in the future.

That's one of the ways I've managed to make this forum so successful, is because I have a big background in search engine optimization (SEO).

Now back to the topic at hand:

Your arms will work with the Savvy tummy tuck, your shop just likely doesn't know what they are doing. If in doubt, go to your shop and post pictures. So many people run these arms and the Savvy tummy tuck, they are made to work together.
That's interesting and explains why every time I search for stuff for the TJ this forum is always near the top of the list. I can actually find things easier through a Google search when I'm looking for stuff on this forum.

Like others have said those arms and a Savvy tuck should work just fine. They are clearly doing something wrong. My guess is that they are only playing with either the uppers or lowers and not both.

Reactions: Chris
That's interesting and explains why every time I search for stuff for the TJ this forum is always near the top of the list. I can actually find things easier through a Google search when I'm looking for stuff on this forum.

Yep, that is what I'm saying. I spend a lot of time making sure that this forum indexes very well with Google, I'm glad you've noticed it.

FYI, if you want an easy way to search this forum using Google, use this feature:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 7.39.19 AM.jpg

See that little "G" button in the search container at the top of the site? If you type in your search term and then press that button, the forum will search using Google. The results are always much more accurate I find, plus you never even have to leave the site.

Yep, that is what I'm saying. I spend a lot of time making sure that this forum indexes very well with Google, I'm glad you've noticed it.

FYI, if you want an easy way to search this forum using Google, use this feature:

View attachment 204204

See that little "G" button in the search container at the top of the site? If you type in your search term and then press that button, the forum will search using Google. The results are always much more accurate I find, plus you never even have to leave the site.
Well I'll be damned, never noticed that before.

Like others have said those arms and a Savvy tuck should work just fine. They are clearly doing something wrong. My guess is that they are only playing with either the uppers or lowers and not both.
They aren't centering the axle on the bump stops and in the wheel well opening. They are likely trying to center it at ride height in the wheel opening which will fuck it all up.

Having had experience with bad shops before who don’t know what they are doing, I feel the pain of the OP. Imagine how frustrating it is trying to tell the shop that they don’t know what they are doing. Been there, done that, and it’s annoying.

Having had experience with bad shops before who don’t know what they are doing, I feel the pain of the OP. Imagine how frustrating it is trying to tell the shop that they don’t know what they are doing. Been there, some that’s, it’s annoying.
You ever have one of those very large "duh" moments? I'm sitting here typing away about the issue and I have that exact install going on in the driveway at the moment. Savvy Under Armor and Currie upper and lower arms with a Savvy Gas tank skid. GTS is important because you can push the axle back if needed after checking the tire at full stuff.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
You ever have one of those very large "duh" moments? I'm sitting here typing away about the issue and I have that exact install going on in the driveway at the moment. Savvy Under Armor and Currie upper and lower arms with a Savvy Gas tank skid. GTS is important because you can push the axle back if needed after checking the tire at full stuff.

Yes, I had one of those moments last night while looking at the PSC brackets and how to modify them for the mid-arm truss 🤦‍♂️

I didn't realize the Savvy gas tank skid allowed you to push the axle back if needed, I would have thought the track bar would cause interference. Good to know.

Yes, I had one of those moments last night while looking at the PSC brackets and how to modify them for the mid-arm truss 🤦‍♂️

I didn't realize the Savvy gas tank skid allowed you to push the axle back if needed, I would have thought the track bar would cause interference. Good to know.
The Currie trackbar isn't even close to running into anything. I thought we went over this in the rear trackbar thread about the JKS stuff and why it doesn't work that well?

Game plan is that they are calling Currie this morning. If it’s not corrected after that call I will be picking up the Jeep on my way home this afternoon. This shop is top notch and experienced but they deal primarily with Clayton. Perhaps they do t have much experience with this combo.

Game plan is that they are calling Currie this morning. If it’s not corrected after that call I will be picking up the Jeep on my way home this afternoon. This shop is top notch and experienced but they deal primarily with Clayton. Perhaps they do t have much experience with this combo.
How does Currie know what is needed for a rig with a raised belly skid?

How does Currie know what is needed for a rig with a raised belly skid?

Great question. Shop owner is saying that the arms aren't long enough. He is going to talk over the set up with 'Brian and John'. I think it goes back to needing to shorten the lower arms.