Currie Currectlync problems

billyp

TJ Enthusiast
2005 TJ non-rubicon. 4” skyjacker lift with upper and lower control arms.

I’ve had a rough country drag link and tie rod ends installed but want to update to a Currie Currectlync. Problem I’m having is the Currectlync is hitting the sway bar link on the axle.

Looked through some posts on here, and I think my control arms aren’t adjusted properly. When I installed, I just set them to the length of the stock ones.

Can anyone confirm with these pics? If this looks incorrect I’ll probably put the old system back on until I get more time to mess with this.

IMG_2899.jpeg

IMG_2898.jpeg

IMG_2900.jpeg

2005 TJ non-rubicon. 4” skyjacker lift with upper and lower control arms.

I’ve had a rough country drag link and tie rod ends installed but want to update to a Currie Currectlync. Problem I’m having is the Currectlync is hitting the sway bar link on the axle.

Looked through some posts on here, and I think my control arms aren’t adjusted properly. When I installed, I just set them to the length of the stock ones.

Can anyone confirm with these pics? If this looks incorrect I’ll probably put the old system back on until I get more time to mess with this.

View attachment 518250

View attachment 518251

View attachment 518252

You likely have more than one problem besides the axle pushed too far forward. It looks like you have very low caster which tilts the axle forward at the top which runs the trackbar mount into the end of the tie rod even faster.

Thanks for the help. Going to have to study up on this. Going through the how-to on the forum.

When I adjust everything, should I install the Currectlync or will that not matter for axle placement and caster?

Stock lengths with 4 inch lift are going to cause problems aren’t they? Somewhere are starting lengths for 4” lift.

Reactions: JMT
Thanks for the help. Going to have to study up on this. Going through the how-to on the forum.

When I adjust everything, should I install the Currectlync or will that not matter for axle placement and caster?

My apologies, I missed that you have it hanging on a lift. You can't check anything like that, put it on the ground and then check it.

Ahh…so has to be on the ground to assess clearance? In my mind, I was thinking if the suspension some how was fully drooped I could have this happen. I guess that’s not realistic though.

Ahh…so has to be on the ground to assess clearance? In my mind, I was thinking if the suspension some how was fully drooped I could have this happen. I guess that’s not realistic though.

The only time it does that is when the rig is in the air with the front axle off the ground or when you are turtled on the belly. For the first, do you really want the front tires turned when you land?

No. Good point. The way I drive the only time both front wheels will be unloaded is on a lift.

Thanks all for the help. I will reinstall and take it off the hoist to check.

Reactions: mrblaine
Stock lengths with 4 inch lift are going to cause problems aren’t they? Somewhere are starting lengths for 4” lift.

There is no starting length other than the length one happens to start at. All that matters is the final length after the arms are adjusted to where they need to be.

No idea if they do or don't. Why would a specific starting length matter?

Doesn't at this point since the issue was the vehicle was jacked up off the ground.

But if your control arms were adjusted wrong then you theoretically could have interference with a steering bar and theoretically resetting everything to OEM lengths and then aligning the Jeep and adjusting for pinion and caster could theoretically fix it.

-Mac

No idea if they do or don't. Why would a specific starting length matter?

If a guy new to this stuff is trying to figure things out and different manufacturers recommend starting with an LCA length of 16.33 for a 4 inch lift instead of the stock length of 15.75 why not start there if you're going to have to go longer than stock because of the 4" lift? Not arguing just trying to use info that's available?
1713070106872.jpeg

Doesn't at this point since the issue was the vehicle was jacked up off the ground.

But if your control arms were adjusted wrong then you theoretically could have interference with a steering bar and theoretically resetting everything to OEM lengths and then aligning the Jeep and adjusting for pinion and caster could theoretically fix it.

-Mac

All you said was all that matters is the end point where the arms are adjusted properly. But you are trying to add extra steps.

Reactions: macleanflood
If a guy new to this stuff is trying to figure things out and different manufacturers recommend starting with an LCA length of 16.33 for a 4 inch lift instead of the stock length of 15.75 why not start there if you're going to have to go longer than stock because of the 4" lift? Not arguing just trying to use info that's available?
View attachment 518421

Because the starting point does not matter when you are going to change them anyway.