Currie front track bar too long?

TJ Starting

The Seven Slots of the World
Supporting Member
So the good news is I got my new to me Currie front track bar installed. Im amazed at how much tighter the front suspension feels as well as the steering. So far really liking it from that aspect.

Did run into a bit of a issue though. I have it adjusted basically all the way in and I'm still about a 1½" or more off center. Not sure if my frame side mount is just bent, or other thing I noticed is the axle side bolt hole on the mount seems to be a bit tapered or maybe it's just wallowed out with the bigger diameter facing down. Anybody see any glaring issues or ways to fix this?

20210621_232723.jpg

20210621_232855.jpg

20210621_232812.jpg

Also open to suggestions on what brand of front pinion seal to go with.

20210621_232903.jpg

This won't fix your issue, but it looks like the frame side is mounted incorrectly. The thick washer that is between your bolt and JJ end should be in the recessed groove on the top side of the frame mount between the bolt and mount.

That's over 5" of spring lift. How are you determining axle/frame center?
Measure from tire to frame. Took the old track bar off and had to use the steering to push the frame over far enough to get the bolt in.

This won't fix your issue, but it looks like the frame side is mounted incorrectly. The thick washer that is between your bolt and JJ end should be in the recessed groove on the top side of the frame mount between the bolt and mount.
Ok thanks, I'll have to change that. Bought it lightly used so no instruction. Not sure if it comes with them anyways so I just did what was making sense.

I would think with that much lift you would need to extend the track bar a bunch not shorten it. Your not adjusting it the wrong way are you? When I put on my Currie track bar I adjusted it the wrong way the first time.

subscribed.

I have Currie 4" springs and my Currie track bar is bottomed out. Not nearly as much...it's more in the 1/4" range so it's pretty close to centered. It just surprised me because I thought I'd end up closer to the middle of the adjustment range, not past one end of it.

I also took the exact same axle and track bar out of my 99 and put it in my 06 at the same ride height, and I had exposed threads on the 99.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I would think with that much lift you would need to extend the track bar a bunch not shorten it. Your not adjusting it the wrong way are you? When I put on my Currie track bar I adjusted it the wrong way the first time.
Yes I had considered that but double checked and yes its adjusted the right way.

Still haven't been able to figure anything out with this. Any more ideas?

My health has me down for the count right now otherwise I’d measure the length on my track bar bolt hole to bolt hole and let you compare the length to yours. Wonder if Currie makes them for different vehicles and maybe they sent you the wrong one.

My health has me down for the count right now otherwise I’d measure the length on my track bar bolt hole to bolt hole and let you compare the length to yours. Wonder if Currie makes them for different vehicles and maybe they sent you the wrong one.
I actually bought it lightly used from a member here. Don't believe he had any issues with it. But I guess measuring would be worth a try.

I'll check mine tomorrow, but I'm at 2.5" lift with the Currie track bar and it works fine, even though it's supposed to be for 3+ inches of lift. As you go higher you need to lengthen the bar, so I'm confused as to how you could need it to be shorter with that much lift.

I actually bought it lightly used from a member here. Don't believe he had any issues with it. But I guess measuring would be worth a try.
Sorry you’re having issues. I didn’t have any problems. It was centered on my Jeep when I took it off, and didn’t adjust before shipping. I am running Currie 4” springs. I used a line laser to center the axles, I know it was within a 1/16”

How is your frame side track bar mount? Any signs of bending or cracking?

photo gives you an idea of where I had it adjusted.

E2A983CE-1412-4303-BBA1-A3823B874671.png

Last edited: