Currie RockJock CE-9122F front bumpstops

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Anyone have accurate info on how much the Currie Rockjock bumpstops model CE-9122F compress under full stuff conditions. I know I measured metal to metal with the factory bump stops but I’m looking to get the rockjocks up front and want to make sure I set them up correctly for the 12” shocks as I understand the poly won’t completely compress but will still compress some I’m sure. Guessing maybe like 1/2” - 3/4” maybe. Anyone know the answer. I guess worst case I will pull the front shocks and flex it out on a ramp or something
Thanks

Plan on about 3/4" of shock shaft showing at first contact of the bumps. Also, pack the upper urethane piece with washers before bolting it in.

The best way is to set the shock as the hard bump before tire stuff and other bits crashing together, then do as JJVW says. Even an inch is probably not too much as they do compress a lot.

Reactions: Rescue6
I plan for 1" of compression on the Currie stops at full bump with both hitting and then 1/2" past initial contact when articulated. I figure it's unlikely to get enough force to compress them 1" when fully articulated as the speeds are likely lower.

Reactions: Rescue6
Plan on about 3/4" of shock shaft showing at first contact of the bumps. Also, pack the upper urethane piece with washers before bolting it in.

Thanks for the washers tip. Yeah I actually only plan on using the upper part anyway as I occasionally have the lip of the cup on my factory style catch a spring since I pushed the axle forward as much as I could. And that pop sounds horrible. It’s only every so often. But I know those Currie stops don’t have the lip. I just didn’t know if they compressed much.