Currie Springs and 4 Cylinders

Gollywomper

Professional pot stirrer
Supporting Member
I am looking to replace my front springs with Currie. I currently have 3.5-3.75” of lift. I have a lighter 4cyl. What are you getting as far as lift from either the 3” or 4” spring. I’m guessing they will both run tall on a lighter rig. But figured I would ask around.

Last I measured, mine was getting an even 4" under the 4.0.

The Currie JK 4" fronts are a little shorter for a bit less lift on the lighter 4 cyl TJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: tworley
View attachment 83306

The Currie JK 4" fronts are a little shorter for a little less lift on the little 4 cyl TJ.
JK springs? I have to remind myself that they made light 2door JKs. Always think of the heavy 4doors. Ha

Going to call Savvy tomorrow.

Do the 3” curries measure 20” extended? I can’t seem to confirm this. Wanting a 22” spring.

View attachment 83306

The Currie JK 4" fronts are a little shorter for a bit less lift on the lighter 4 cyl TJ.
I called them today. The lady who answered the phone was very nice, but limited with product info. Said everyone was busy. She said the only spring they had was the standard 4” spring, as far as 4” go there were no other spring rates available.
Has anyone run the jk fronts?
Web site says they can be run on a tj or jk 4 door for 1” less lift. Wouldn’t a 4door JK require a much higher spring rate?

Last edited:
I called Currie. Rep at Currie told me they only have 1 front spring for al Tjs,LJs and JKs. Website shows a 9132F1 and a 9132F. The F1 show for a JK 2door and may result in 1” lower lift in a TJ or 4 door JK. Very frustrating when you see one thing on the web site and another from a rep.

Reactions: jjvw
I saw that on their site. Just frustrated with the misinformation when I call. I’m guessing those will net me right about 3.5” on my 4cyl with aluminum fenders. Have to find a vendor with a freindly return policy. Just hate to loose the down travel vs the 4” springs. Not sure if it’s worth buying them for 1” more down than I have now. Might read up on the gimmicky MCs. ;(

So looking at the Currie 4” springs.
I have a 4 cyl, stubby bumper with winch up front and aluminum fenders.

Rear is fairly heavy. Hardtop, steel bumper and swing out tire carrier with 35” spare spaced a bit away from tailgate, 5 gallon gas can, second faux can used for storage, oils and such.

Because the front may be a tad lighter and the rear a bit heavy should I get the HD LJ rear springs that add like 1/2” more lift?

Yup no guarantees. Rep at Currie recommended the LJ rears. Rather the rear be a tad high than low.