Currie trackbar relocation bracket issue

Jamesval035

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Has anyone else had this issue? The main bolt for the relocation bracket is not lining up. What’s the recommendation… should I wallow out the bracket hole to fit or the axle side bracket?

92CC85C7-9344-4D02-80E1-3E74275AF757.jpeg

Has anyone else had this issue? The main bolt for the relocation bracket is not lining up. What’s the recommendation… should I wallow out the bracket hole to fit or the axle side bracket?

View attachment 305933
when I installed the bracket I put the large bolt in first, then anything that didn't line up I drilled

I think it’s the upper tab portion of the bracket that maybe was not bent high enough. Or maybe I need to grind down the weld tab so that it can drop a little and I can put the bolt through. Going to have to play with it

Not at this time, but I plan on it. After this trackbar install, I’m going to start working on my JB sssye and TT to get my rear shaft ordered. Probably will sit another 2 weeks or so.

Do you have access to a welder for the lower bit? (Same question to the OP)
Nope, sure don't! I've got the bracket, little front lower CA mount skids, and my half upper door legs to fit my YJ half doors that I need welding for now haha. Hoping to trade some nice CO people some beer or cash or other labor to help me out with them when the time comes :LOL:

Reactions: rasband
That bolt that is circled was a pain in the ass and took me way to long to get it tightened. After f’in with it, I finally stuck a 1/2” wrench through the top, side ways to get it tightened

D0404D92-A949-47C2-8F95-CD779BFAE744.jpeg

Reactions: lBasket
Nope, sure don't! I've got the bracket, little front lower CA mount skids, and my half upper door legs to fit my YJ half doors that I need welding for now haha. Hoping to trade some nice CO people some beer or cash or other labor to help me out with them when the time comes :LOL:
Let me know when, it won't be pretty but I can help on that one.

View attachment 305933
You see that breather hose slipping off? How the hell am I supposed to keep mine on? It keeps doing that. I guess it’s snagging on something, but it’s annoying

You see that breather hose slipping off? How the hell am I supposed to keep mine on? It keeps doing that. I guess it’s snagging on something, but it’s annoying

Mine came up a little as you see in the pic but never came completely off. Maybe give it some slack at the top near the gas filler

Reactions: Camdenst and JMT
That bolt that is circled was a pain in the ass and took me way to long to get it tightened. After f’in with it, I finally stuck a 1/2” wrench through the top, side ways to get it tightened

View attachment 306008

Can confirm…. Giant pain in the ass, damn near impossible to tighten. I went a bit rogue, I left the three smallest bolts in, backed out the main bolt and torqued the that top one. Then reinstalled the main one, and torqued everything up.

Also ended up kissing the brake line with a grinder. Its tight and I was rushing to finish, just a word of caution.

• Sad
Reactions: lBasket
Can confirm…. Giant pain in the ass, damn near impossible to tighten. I went a bit rogue, I left the three smallest bolts in, backed out the main bolt and torqued the that top one. Then reinstalled the main one, and torqued everything up.

Also ended up kissing the brake line with a grinder. Its tight and I was rushing to finish, just a word of caution.

Double and triple check that line. Doesn’t take much to start a very slow leak b