Cutting my hood for ARB compressor

thekidwithquestions

Acquiring Jeep funds...
Supporting Member
I'm planning to extend the arb air coupler so I don't have to pop open my hood when I need to use my compressor, and I need to know if I'll have any problems cutting a notch in my hood where I circled?View attachment 285690
2678BED4-1D1E-4567-8340-CDD7EBD32DCB_1_201_a.jpeg

I'm planning to extend the arb air coupler so I don't have to pop open my hood when I need to use my compressor, and I need to know if I'll have any problems cutting a notch in my hood where I circled?View attachment 285690View attachment 285692
Every time I think I've seen the most harebrained idea yet, someone comes along and one ups everyone else. Are they having a contest in your neck of the woods for dumb ideas?

I was seriously impressed how you took the advice and went in the more recommended direction. Not many could do that as you did without further argument. 💪
Yeah, that's not the way we do things around here. First, somebody like Blaine will tell you that it's a stupid idea, then you defend your idea. Insults fly, the rest of us jump in, and hilarity ensues. Eventually, you go ahead and do what you originally wanted, or do something dumber that somebody suggested in jest, and tell the rest of us how great it worked. We ask for pics, and laugh at your workmanship.

Yeah, that's not the way we do things around here. First, somebody like Blaine will tell you that it's a stupid idea, then you defend your idea. Insults fly, the rest of us jump in, and hilarity ensues. Eventually, you go ahead and do what you originally wanted, or do something dumber that somebody suggested in jest, and tell the rest of us how great it worked. We ask for pics, and laugh at your workmanship.
Sad to say that's too often what is happening more and more here. Too often ignoring when someone says they'll not do as they asked about and instead take the advice as offered as the OP bravely did.