Cutting my hood for ARB compressor

Road crud thrown up would lock up the chuck's sliding collar and render it useless in short order. (they don't sell the plastic protective caps back there, they're outlawed don'tchaknow)
I thought of something more plausible and did a ninja edit. Something that makes me really like my idea so much more!

We all own Jeep for different reasons. Rarely is that reason to collect stupid fucking ideas and implement them🤪
That is hardly the same as "let's spend lots of money on something" and either use it 4 months out of the year or watch it rust away to nothingness.

Buried in mud? My version wouldn't work either.
Mud, water crossings. In general I would be concerned with just dirt and dust also. Air fittings don’t seem to love any of those things. My plan was to mount to air chucks on passenger and driver seat bases.

I thought of something more plausible and did a ninja edit. Something that makes me really like my idea so much more!
I'd just cut a hole in the outside of the frame, build a threaded cover for it, mount the air chuck with a bulkhead mount opposite that, whammo blammo, remove cover, use the pristine air chuck, put cover back on. Bonus is access port for cleaning the crud out of the frame.

Reactions: jjvw
Mud, water crossings. In general I would be concerned with just dirt and dust also. Air fittings don’t seem to love any of those things. My plan was to mount to air chucks on passenger and driver seat bases.
You do know you can mount the chucks and quick disconnects backwards, right?

That is hardly the same as "let's spend lots of money on something" and either use it 4 months out of the year or watch it rust away to nothingness.
I’m in the 4 months a year crowd, the winter provides a good time to tear the jeep down and work on it at my leisure. I don’t disagree with you there, I love jeeps too much to coat them with salt

You'll have to cut a big hole through the hard doors! 😂
Hahahah! No! I either run no doors, or half doors. Either way, the doors have these things called hinges🤪

Same concept as Blaine is suggesting, only 6” higher and fully protected from the elements…. And not under the jeep.. which at times no matter what terrain you are on, you can’t or shouldn’t be under the jeep…..

Or get a longer hose. A 12 foot 1/4" hose doesn't take up much more room than an 8' foot hose.
I actually prefer the longer hose since we most commonly mount the air chuck just inside the rear tailgate by the base of the roll bar. You're getting shit out of the back anyway, why not access the air chuck right there? You can see the brass bulkhead fitting where it is going to mount.

DSC_5403.JPG

I actually prefer the longer hose since we most commonly mount the air chuck just inside the rear tailgate by the base of the roll bar. You're getting shit out of the back anyway, why not access the air chuck right there? You can see the brass bulkhead fitting where it is going to mount.

View attachment 285908
Ugh! So you have to drill a hole through the tailgate! 🤪 blasphemous!

• Haha
Reactions: Tob

View attachment 285908
I prefer a longer hose also, since I seem to always have to fill up a buddies tires.

Reactions: Brianj5600
Ugh! So you have to drill a hole through the tailgate! 🤪 blasphemous!
We did however, have to get creative on the Savvy race rig for the stock class. Every bit of double wall sheet metal was removed. That meant the tail gate was just the outer skin screwed in place. The cargo area was covered with some .050 aluminum held on with 1/4 turns.