Cutting my hood for ARB compressor

We did however, have to get creative on the Savvy race rig for the stock class. Every bit of double wall sheet metal was removed. That meant the tail gate was just the outer skin screwed in place. The cargo area was covered with some .050 aluminum held on with 1/4 turns.
Nice! I don’t rock a tailgate anymore, so I have a massive hole just waiting for an air chuck!

Reason for not doing it........why butcher a decent piece of cherished sheet metal simply because someone is to lazy to open the hood.

Hey Jerry, just curious what kinda life you get out of the quick disconnects being mounted like that? Have they ever seized up due to dust etc? Until now I've had my quick release chucks on the interior but have been wanting to do one at each wheel well and only have a short hose to connect.
Never a problem since they were kept covered with rubber crutch tips like I now use for my CO2 tank fitting.

Capture.JPG

I have no idea where this thread went but whatever
We’ll, It seems every thread you start ends up this way. You need to change your sub-title from “the TJ kid” to “Master thread Troll”
edit; Just saying that you know how to rile these guys up and it’s great entertainment. I always look forward to your questions.

You’re like one of those kid’s that are ”on the spectrum”, but not in a negative way. More along the lines of genius card-counting Rain Man spectrum. 😎

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
You’re like one of those kid’s that are ”on the spectrum”, but not in a negative way. More along the lines of genius card-counting Rain Man spectrum. 😎
I have no idea what that means but it sounds cool so I'm gonna take it as a compliment

Thank you!

Last edited:
yeah, I'm also still waiting for someone to say WHY its bad, instead of just saying its bad
Bc it’s the hood, and it’s got a structural seam. I wouldn’t touch it unless I was planning to highlife. There are better locations IMHO.

EDIT: Highline! But yeah, if I was drinking 🍺 a lot of Miller Highlife, I might cut my hood!

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
I'm planning to extend the arb air coupler so I don't have to pop open my hood when I need to use my compressor, and I need to know if I'll have any problems cutting a notch in my hood where I circled?View attachment 285690View attachment 285692
Imho Pleeease ,
don’t cut a hole in the hood !!!
Just For ascetics reason
EFE4CF43-4940-4B61-905C-F0054268865A.jpeg
image.jpg
Lol
• there’s all kinds of more convenient locations
• I used to have one air coupler at the grille and one in the back at the spare tire carrier, but realized that in the current location it’s most convenient ( less mud and ice buildup )
• I also carry an extension pigtail air hose , that way I can help out fellow off-roaders

Reactions: MichaelGH