TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

CV-19 Haircut

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
All of the barber shops have been closed here and I was starting to look like Bernie Sanders on a bad hair day. I bought a hair clipper kit from Wahl and figured,,,how hard can it be? Holy shit. It ain't easy giving yourself a hair cut. I don't own a hand held mirror so I can't tell you what the back looks like, but the front has required considerable repair. Time to call in emergency reinforcements. No pictures will be submitted for critique. Sy Sperling would burn my effigy in abject disgust.

Daz7

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
oh barbers are closed?

Come to Australia, where during this virus thing wee have tens of thousands now out of work and we're being told to stay home and only go out for necessities but keep the social distancing thing always.

But need a cut or colour? Not a problem, just go. Originally it was a maximum 30 minutes in the salon but that's been expanded to 90 minutes, just because. :unsure:

DWR

TJ Enthusiast
Told my GF that since I’m working from home everyday now, and we’re supposed to be social distancing, that I’m going to just grow my hair out and probably have a mullet 😂. No shave March/April!?!?

Reactions: DrDmoney

ejay

TJ Enthusiast
I cut my oldest daughters bangs on Wednesday. Had to watch three YouTube videos just to make sure that I was on the right track with my approach. I'm meticulous in my research. Turned out well.

I need a haircut. Like hell I'm going to do it on my own OR let my wife try.

Raymund

TJ Enthusiast
It takes a while to get used to it but you will get the hang of it. Saves $ too.

To be fair, I only do the same level all around (#0.5), so it's not exactly complex 😂. Still took me a few years though to get it right.

Raymund

TJ Enthusiast
oh barbers are closed?

Come to Australia, where during this virus thing wee have tens of thousands now out of work
Yep. Unemployed now. I manage my finances well and am hoping to ride this shit out but I can't sustain myself forever. Yey.

2001slvrstntj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I did my son's and he and my wife did mine. I don't have pics at the moment to share but they came out pretty good. I have been watching it be done for many years so thought it would not be to tough. We do have a nice Wahl trimmer with all the attachments that really helped.

billiebob

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Somethings are better off left to professionals. A good jeep mechanic does not do well at everything cutting hair is one

This thread is worthless without pics
yep, maybe I'll include a picture but for now, I'll just say I bought some clipper with a 3/8 comb and gave myself a self inflicted buzz cut. The first in 65 years. Good to know when yer good looking you do not need great hair.

Here I am getting my first haircut from my Grandfather. So yes, worthwhile with a pic.

First Haircut.jpeg

LukesfirstJeep

TJ Enthusiast
Here I am getting my first haircut from my Grandfather. So yes, worthwhile with a pic.
Awesome. My mom used to give me my haircuts, and most of my friends growing up. Unfortunately, I have no pictures. They were all crew cuts until we rebelled and went long hair, which meant you had 1" bangs.

I wish I knew where mt mom's clippers are now, because I'm 4 weeks past due for a bowl cut ;)

• Haha
Reactions: billiebob

jeepins

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I've basically put my Jeep back on the road with the parts I bought from the savings from cutting my own hair for about 5 years now.

Thunderhead

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My wife gave me a corona cut last night, well she just shaved the sides fro me, the rest was due for a cut well before everything got shut down. My hair gets to a certain length then it just gets thicker and poofier