Cylinder 3 misfire

Cyclopscop

While on my way home from 150 mile trip, I stopped to fuel. When I started the Jeep it gave a check engine light, code reader said (cylinder 3 misfire), for context it was a mostly interstate drive, and I had been driving approximately 65- 75. It’s a 04 with inline six. I had the plugs replaced about thousand miles ago. Any ideas? Seems to have a slight rough idle now.

Last edited:
While on my way home from 150 mile trip, I stopped to fuel. When I started the Jeep it gave a check engine light, code reader said (cylinder 3 misfire), for context it was a mostly interstate drive, and I had been driving approximately 65- 75. It’s a 04 with inline six. I had the plugs replaced about thousand miles ago. Any ideas? Seems to have a slight rough idle now.
sounds like the known heatsoak issue. You should wrap your cylinder #3 fuel injector with the shield. Also, hows your intake manifold shielding? Ive heard of that causing the issue too if its worn out/old

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...idle-after-restart-following-a-hot-soak.2345/

Clear the code and put a bottle of techron into it the next tank. Change the spark plugs, make sure you get the ones @Jerry Bransford recommends or whatever the general tune up thread has. I've had terrible heat soak recently and didn't get a code, possible but I personally wouldn't consider it.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford